smiles

post your christmas tree...

Here is mine:

"Oh why is there no attachment?" you ask, well that is because I don't have one....too much a waste of time to put one up just to keep yelling at my 18 month old every five mins to not touch the tree...when they are both older and wont mess with one I will think about putting one up...

I don't have a tree. I have two kittycats who would find it WAY too much temptation, plus I'm not dragging a big tree upstairs all by myself, and a little tree kinda defeats the purpose, yes?

so, I have a yummy smelling wreath instead from Trader Joe's that makes my apartment smell like christmas trees, and its well out of kitty reach.

Our cat seems to understand that attacking the tree on christmas would be bad manners...she always waits a few days before she starts knocking the balls off.
On the other hand, the small nativity scene we used to set up under the tree gave her hours of fun right from the start (I think she must be an atheist or something). We put the whole thing away for good last year, cause it was just too tiresome fishing Baby Jesus from under the couch every half hour.:D

Well I'm going to be truthful with everyone here, I don't have a Christmas tree because I haven't been able to spend Christmas with my family for years. Seeing these pictures of trees and family etc just kinda hit a soar spot I guess. My mom lives only an hour away, but for the last 3 years she has picked up and gone on a trip somewhere and then asks after the fact what I'm doing for Christmas?

My father and stepmom, true family, live over 5000 miles away and we are unable to spend christmas together for obvious reasons.

Every year I hadn't minded spending Christmas alone, getting drunk, watching tv or even working, but I'm starting to get older and family etc is starting to become important to me. I really miss Christmas, although it was really a family thing even as a kid, it was very controlled, we had to open our presents and not tear the paper so it could be resued etc.

I want to enjoy the holidays like others do, like families, smiling children christmas trees, the warmth in the air etc. I guess it just hit hard for some reason today, sorry everyone, i just got sad, anyone want to bet if my mom even calls tomorrow?

Yes I have a troubled childhood i guess:(
<--- See look, pink dolphins DO exist!

Here's my little tree. . .with IslandCool in front of it looking very forlorn. . .lol

Dreaming of jumping I presume. . .
FGF #6
Darcy

Hope your Christmas turns out good for you no matter what your situation, Im having a "different" Christmas myself due to a seperation from my wife. But Im ok with it, just gonna enjoy some serenity (I hope) and I hope you can do the same. I do kinda miss the whole family and kids thing so Im with ya there.

Merry Christmas Bro

dropdeded
------------------------------------------
The Dude Abides.
-

Bummer about your mom. As for your real family, call them on Christmas, it's always good to hear a familiar voice around the holidays. As for getting drunk and watching tv, I recommend the movie "Heathers" with the felon Winona Ryder. It's a dark comedy that always makes me laugh.

Be well and have a good holiday.

Big Ed