faulk04

Mirage g4/M4 container

I recently bought a mirage g4/m4 and it came with a sabre 2 170. I was wondering if anyone has put a sabre 2 190 in a m4 container. I know it says a 170 is optimal for a m4, and I know it will be a tight fit if its possible just wondering if anyone has done it.

Is it a brand new 190? I used to have an M4 and with a PD176 and a Sabre 190 that was old. It was a tighter fit. If you're trying to put a brand new canopy in it you may have some issues getting it in the bag.

it has around 350 jumps on it

I'm getting a new Saber 2 190 for my used Mirage G4.1 M4. Does anyone have any pictures of how this looks? I've gotten mixed opinions from riggers. The Mirage website states that the Optimum size for a Saber I/II is 170. So I interpret that as it will be tight fit for a Saber II 190. I don't want opinions. What I want to know is: Has anyone out there done this with a Saber 2? If so, what was your experience like?

You're getting a new canopy, so why not choose a 9 cell model with lower pack volume for the same wing area, such as Pulse or Pilot ZPX? Some 7 cell models will also pack smaller, but I understand that you may prefer a 9.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

I'm getting a new Saber 2 190 for my used Mirage G4.1 M4. Does anyone have any pictures of how this looks? I've gotten mixed opinions from riggers. The Mirage website states that the Optimum size for a Saber I/II is 170. So I interpret that as it will be tight fit for a Saber II 190. I don't want opinions. What I want to know is: Has anyone out there done this with a Saber 2? If so, what was your experience like?

Firstly, its SABRE, not saber.

Second, it's gonna be tight, and that's if you're a good packer... If you're not (which you probably aren't yet) then it's gonna be a pain in the ass, look overstuffed, and even then what reserve are you planning on putting in it?
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

It was a little tight when I put the 190 in there. Had to work on my packing to make it smaller. I can send you a picture of my rig when I had the 190 in it but it's not the greatest picture and you wouldn't be able to see much.

Like ski said, what size reserve are you putting in it?

Yeah, I'd probably just get a smaller packing 190 before getting a new container. It's a long story as to why I've got a Sabre 2 190 versus one with a smaller pack volume, BUT that's the stuff I'm stepping in, so I just wanted to see how the smell was.

if you would ask me to pack an M4 with a PDR176 and a Sabre2-190 I would tell you to get an M5

+1!
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

I put a ZPX Pilot one size larger than the suggested normal material size recommended for my Mirage and it fits nicely in the container...I'm not a great packer yet, but I found that the Mirage D bag has a smaller opening than some of the others I have seen. I have to really work to keep the folds together to get first part of the folded canopy in the bag...I can imagine a 190 in a 170 bag will be a very tight fit and difficult for an inexperienced packer.
Fear is the thief of dreams.....