mysky

Mullins King Air or any other high altitude aircraft.

Not sure if this is the correct spot to post this question so please forgive me if I'm in the wrong spot. Can anyone tell me the highest flight level the Mullins King Air is capable of reaching? We are trying to set a particular record and need a plane that will reach and exceed 31,500AGL. If anyone can furnish me this knowledge I would greatly appreciate it.

There are 3 kinds of people in this world, those that know how to count, and those who don't.

He has gone over 30K on occasion. It does require a good amount of preparation and coordination, including but not limited to: installation of oxygen system, clearance with FAA/ATC, air chamber testing (however you call it), etc.

Mike will see this and respond soon enough. :)

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

It is a B-90 King Air with 750 HP engines. He has taken it over 30K numerous times. I am sure all necessary steps are taken to ensure safety and whatnot. :P

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

And unless there is a special waiver I'm not familiar with, the aircraft has to be equipped for RVSM(reduced vertical separation minimums) to fly above FL280(28,000ft) legally.

ATC can and regularly does waive RVSM requirements in uncrowded airspace. You don't even need FAA approval.

And unless there is a special waiver I'm not familiar with, the aircraft has to be equipped for RVSM(reduced vertical separation minimums) to fly above FL280(28,000ft) legally.

ATC can and regularly does waive RVSM requirements in uncrowded airspace. You don't even need FAA approval.

IIRC, Mullin's DZ sits under one of the flight corridors to the Memphis airport and he has to coordinate HALO loads with ATC there.

Someone recently went over 30k in a PAC, in the pursuit of setting a time aloft record with a wingsuit.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Someone recently went over 30k in a PAC, in the pursuit of setting a time aloft record with a wingsuit.

33,430 AGL. That was Shin Ito and he did it last September at SkyDance Skydiving in Davis, CA in a PAC. My shoulders hurt just thinking about it. :D:D
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Not sure if this is the correct spot to post this question so please forgive me if I'm in the wrong spot. Can anyone tell me the highest flight level the Mullins King Air is capable of reaching? We are trying to set a particular record and need a plane that will reach and exceed 31,500AGL. If anyone can furnish me this knowledge I would greatly appreciate it.

I guess you could just ask me.

My particular King Air will probably go to about 41,000' but I am unable to exceed 30,000' due to a certification limitation with the original B-90 King Air which has an operational limitation of 30,000'. The reason for the 30,000' limitation is that when originally certified that is as high as they could get it with the original 550 hp PT6-20 engines. The FAA was willing to let me go higher if Beechcraft would say OK, Beechcraft said hell no.

Mike Mullins

The FAA was willing to let me go higher if Beechcraft would say OK, Beechcraft said hell no.

Mike Mullins

Whaaaat??? Bastards! >:(

Oh well, its their liability on the line anyway. [:/]

I guess you could just ask me.

My particular King Air will probably go to about 41,000' but I am unable to exceed 30,000' due to a certification limitation with the original B-90 King Air which has an operational limitation of 30,000'. The reason for the 30,000' limitation is that when originally certified that is as high as they could get it with the original 550 hp PT6-20 engines. The FAA was willing to let me go higher if Beechcraft would say OK, Beechcraft said hell no.

Mike Mullins

Raytheon is really turning into chickens. I had a bird strike a few months ago in an A100 King Air, and rather than patch with body filler and replace the boot the engineers had a heart attack and forced us to cut and patch a 8" wide chunk of metal over the dent. The dent was smaller than a pack of cigarettes and less than a half inch deep, and did not come even close to penetrating the skin.