leapdog

CN2053R 20U53

Getting back to your original problem. I have a 20u73 and will say two things about ZZ sewing versus SS sewing. First, get the bottom tension correct first. By correct I mean the least you can get away with. Also, does your bobbin case have a pig tail to guide the thread through? If not get one, this will help a lot with ZZ. Generally you will need to use a little less top tension with ZZ, but that has to do with how the stitch sets, and is probably not causing the shredding. The most likely way to correct your problem is simply to use a larger needle. This may be a problem because 20us are only designed to use up to a size 18. My machine has a needle clamp that will accept a size 20 or even a 22, but I needed to adjust the needle to hook relationship to make the machine sew properly. Once you do this the machine will probably not work correctly with smaller (12-14) size needles, but should be good for 16 and larger. Since E thread is the smallest you will use, this should be ok. Size 18 needles are to small for any rigging work other than sewing canopy material, so you need to get the machine set up for larger needles. If you need any help with this PM me and I will try to help.

Ken
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.