dropdeded

Friends Doing Tandems

You know, lots of people say "yeah, I wanna do it", and it never happens for whatever reason. Well I have 3 for sures, and 1 "possible" going to Taft in the morning to do Tandems. All friends of mine. 2 of em are first timers. On top of it all, the first ride to altitude will be in Mullins King AirB|.
Tomorrows gonna be a blast.

dropdeded
------------------------------------------
The Dude Abides.
-

I've got a group of friends from out of town coming out in April to do tandems. . .about 4 for sures and a couple maybes. . .can anyone say free jump tickets?. . .
FGF #6
Darcy

I paid for half of my training by stumping for my DZ.
Back in the early 90's tandems were $120.00 at my DZ and I got a $10.00 credit for everyone I brought.

I got a total of 50+ people to make tandems back then including my mother, brother, sister, and best friends.

Not a single one of them ever returned for another but
thats ok. I got over $500.00 of my training paid for that way.
I had to. I was one poor SOB. B|
I had a whole damn presentation practically.

Now I'm licensed and have my own equipment so to hell with em! B|

I have one of my friends who says he is going to do it. It's just to cold right now so he says...
I have another friend she defiantly wants to do it when she comes back to the US.
The coolest one is my mom wants to do it. As soon as it gets warm i am buying her a tandem jump.
My mom is so cool.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

The coolest one is my mom wants to do it. As soon as it gets warm i am buying her a tandem jump.
My mom is so cool.

No no no. Thats all wrong.
You talk them into it, then you make them pay for it!
You get some credit towards a jump. B|

Its a win/win situation!

Its funny because I really havent tried to "convince" anyone for quite awhile. I have just accepted that most people, when it comes down to it, really DONT want to do it. It was someone that did one Tandem a few months ago that got all these guys to go. I pretty much told em, hey, I will be out there saturday, if ya show up, I will at least get on the same load. If not.....

dropdeded
The Dude Abides.
-

thats really cool. Last year i got 27 friends and colleagues to jump tandem. they all loved it, hell I even got my 62 year old mother to do a tandem. I love the look on thier faces befor , at the door and back on the deck. Great.B|
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Yeah, i've brought 3 friends over to the dark side, and 2 co-workers going with me in spring. When i did my pre-second jump, i told my Uncle Brett about it (whose one of my best riding buddies) and he got all excited and kept saying "RIGHT ON"! so i say hey why don't you go too, and he's like no way, it sounds cool but i couldn't do it. at least he admits it, most people say they want to but just make all kind of excuses, which tells me they're just too scared. At least Brett doesn't mind going big at the racetrack while we're chasing each other around.

billy d------------------------- "Escape may be checked by water and land, but the air and the sky are free." (from the story of Daedalus and Icarus)

When I first started, I wanted all of my friends to go so badly that I offered to pay for most of their tickets! I'm almost glad that no one took me up on it, I now how the true skydiver mentality: More jumps for me!!!
~~~~
Rachel
~~~~~~~~~~~
-Converting the world one whuffo at a time.

So far, I've convinced 2 people to do tandems. One was a co-worker and one was the niece of an ex-boyfriend. They both loved it but have yet to return for more. There are a few of my friends who would try it as well if they could afford it. Now...if I could just convince myself to finish my AFF training I would be all set.

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..."

Supposed to meet about 6 friends at Starbucks (thier choice :S) this morning, 3 definates for Tandems in Taft today. Well, I dont know HOW many people showed up. Ended up with 7 friends doing Tandems and a crapload of friends watching. It was way, way cool. I got to go on loads with all but 2 of them, in Mullins King Air, 4 jumps for me today.

All in all a bitchen dayB|

dropdeded
The Dude Abides.
-