Marklar87

Jumpsuits - features

that would be two jumpsuits

do a search - RW forum for formation suits, FF forum for FF suits

plenty of info there already

watch out for the blatant pushing of brands - FEATURES is what you want to understand first

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Hi there

Unfortunately, you are not going to get a one-size-fits-all jump suit. Since you are new to the sport (and I also) I would recommend an RW suit. Stick to the basics. Learn to be a great belly flyer. Learn to control your fall rate, turns, track, and learn to fly with other belly fliers. If you get an RW suit, I’d recommend getting booties, and large grippers. Zippered legs are a must have, and an inside pocket is great for securing your visa card.

There is a ton of great RW suit choices out there. Ask your DZO and Instructors. They will have recommendations. Most important, get a custom made suit!! Don’t settle for the cheep alternative of getting something from the classified that doesn’t fit you. May be cheaper up front, but in the long run you’ll be much happier getting a suit made to your specification.

~M
Cause they know, and so do I, The high road is hard to find
A detour to your new life, Tell all of your friends goodbye

You'll hear mixed reviews on zippers on the legs. I find them pointless, and a weak point on the gear. Booties, big grippers (the FULL set) and a custom fit is very important. DO the search -

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

You'll hear mixed reviews on zippers on the legs. I find them pointless, and a weak point on the gear. Booties, big grippers (the FULL set) and a custom fit is very important. DO the search -

I personally like the zippers. With them I can have the legs tighter and keep my fall rate up, while still having the extra drag on my feet. For light little bastards like me, every little bit helps.

I agree on the grippers, but a custom fit isn't necessary if you can find one that fits well off the rack.
I got a Tonysuit that fit me perfectly at SDC Summerfest in 09. They had the people and the facilites right there to do alterations if they had been necessary.

A good fit is essential, but custom made isn't automatically necessary to get a good fit.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

+1
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

This is some very top notch advice from a top notch RW jumper.

Look at the Top RW Teams, no zippers in the booties and custom fit, why? it is what works BEST.

Look at the Top VRW Teams and Organizers, you will see they are Custom fit as well, because it is what is best.

Now having said that, You might get away with used for a while, and suits (yes one for each type of discipline) that are pretty close to "right". Once you focus on one Discipline, custom sized is Best.

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

"top notch" my ass. If he was that good, why the heck would he even be posting here? I think he's a hack and just bored. People should try to get their advice from locals that know and care about them - not some social website.

"top notch" my ass. If he was that good, why the heck would he even be posting here? I think he's a hack and just bored. People should try to get their advice from locals that know and care about them - not some social website.

Ha ha!

But I will admit I had to reread who I quoted as you puzzled me at first.

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!