tunaplanet

Wow, this security thing is going to Hell in a handbasket

I was reading an article and it was talking about how some people think it needs to get more strict.

Let me break it down to you in logical terms...unless the terrorists have firearms, 9/11 will never happen again. People will rush anyone not holding guns. They know they will die anyways, so why not.

I was laughing at a list of items still allowed on airlines.

Cigar cutters
Corkscrews
Cuticle cutters
Eyeglass repair tools
Eyelash curlers
Knitting and crochet needles
Knives, round-bladed butter or plastic
Lighters with absorbed liquid fuel and disposable lighters
Toiletries with aerosols, in limited quantity
Safety razors (including disposable)
Scissors -- plastic or metal with blunt tips
Toy transformer robots
Toy weapons (if not realistic replicas)
Tweezers
Umbrellas
Walking canes

Lol, toy transformer robots? ROFLMAO!!!!!

"Watch it. One false move and I will unleash Optimus Prime on you!!!!!"

Forty-two

Tweezers

These are allowed? Damn. Someone needs to tell the airport security in New Orleans. Last time I went through there, my tweezers were confiscated from me. Good thing, probably, it really does hurt to pull hair out with them. I could have tortured uni-brow people on the airline for hours! :P

I went through airport security in Reno once, forgetting that I left some of my camping gear in my camelback. They spotted the leatherman tool, bad Missy, but neglected to open the waterproof container containing my matches. I didn't say anything seeing as how I didn't intend to light up the plane and I really didn't want to lose the matches, too. Thank god it wasn't tweezers.

You think 9/11 could never happen again? I believe that people are punchy these days and would rush anyone they deemed a threat particularly after the passengers in the PA plane fought back. But, I think it might be a bit premature to assume a counter-attack by passengers would necessarily be effective against another hijacking attempt. Just a thought.
Take me, I am the drug; take me, I am hallucinogenic.
-Salvador Dali

Last time I went through there, my tweezers were confiscated from me.

My uncle is a TSA nazi and let me know that the 'Official' TSA is only a guidline that can be overridden by the local TSA supervisors. So tweezers in one airport are good and not in another.

Just like some airports have you show your id more than others and how some "strongly encourage" you to remove your shoes(and search you if you don't) while others leave it up to you and only search you if you set off the detector

I travel the land, Work in the ocean, Play in the sky