SkydiveNFlorida

Children at concerts...

I found this pretty amusing. I get e-mails from ticketmaster and there is an upcoming Primus concert. I clicked on the amphitheatre's page and at the bottom it said:

Under age 1 admitted free on ticket holder's lap. If child has reached their 1st birthday, they MUST have a ticket.

LOL! Are children really expected to sit through a 4+hr concert in a chair? I don't think so.

This gets me thinking, also...
This is not event specific.... and for this concert I think the reasons for not bringing young children would likely be possibility of hearing problems later in life.

But, for other concerts, like classical music... does anyone really want a 1yr old admitted at all? I don't ! I would hate to pay 100$ for a ticket to nutcracker to hear a screaming 1 year old for 2 hrs.

whatever:S
Angela.

I am wondering how my wife and I will be with 4 kids ages 3, 4, 5 and 10 on the plane to Florida in 12 days. 3 hours of doing what? trying to keep them quiet.

No way some kid can chill for 4 hours at a concert. They just want the money, a deterrent to not bring kids to a concert

With it being a Primus concert I'd be more concerned with the 1 yr old having emotional or psychological damage.

That's inevitable these days:D j/k

Angela.

It's PRIMUS...he's get a strange desire to Solo jam on a Bass.;)

Under age 1 admitted free on ticket holder's lap. If child has reached their 1st birthday, they MUST have a ticket.

Can you imagine a toddler in general admission? Of course they needs seats!

--------------------------------------------------
the depth of his depravity sickens me.
-- Jerry Falwell, People v. Larry Flynt

I am wondering how my wife and I will be with 4 kids ages 3, 4, 5 and 10 on the plane to Florida in 12 days. 3 hours of doing what? trying to keep them quiet.

No way some kid can chill for 4 hours at a concert. They just want the money, a deterrent to not bring kids to a concert

That's a scary thought. Won't the 10 year old take care of them? haha!

It's PRIMUS...he's get a strange desire to Solo jam on a Bass.

I know, the whole reason to go! I saw them years ago, but I would love to go again!

Can you imagine a toddler in general admission? Of course they needs seats!

They don't have gen admission there. I think it is unreasonable to expect that a child would stay seated at that age.

Angela.

i think taking a baby to any concert is very rude to the other people within ear shot, or to have to sit there and see the parent struggle with the little person. That is just wrong!not to mention the hearing loss, and the fact you have to know that the kid is not enjoying it at all. But, sadly some parents choose to do that. I have not ever taken my kids to a concert ever. And I've been to several.-Caress
I've learned.... That being kind is more important than being
right.

hehe... I LOVE it when there's a kid screaming near my seat. You just ask the usher at a scene break to move your seat. My friend and I did that when we saw Ragtime. There was this little baby screaming in the row behind us, up in balcony. The usher moved us to orchestra, two rows from the front!

i get along with most kids...i really do. But, with that being said, i think some parents should be strung up for assuming it's okay that their screaming kids ruin my meal or movie or flight. if i ran up and down the aisles of an airplane screaming and beating the back of someone's seat, i'd be arrested on federal charges. so why don't parents realize that the rest of the folks on the plane don't care to hear that shit. why can't you just give them a valium or something to knock them out for a few hours? why don't parents of infants have a little consideration for their babies when the cabin pressure changes cause them such intense pain that they cry for the entire flight? how humane is that? why get so upset when someone asks the kid if they wanna play with a dry cleaning bag? :P

i get along with most kids...i really do. But, with that being said, i think some parents should be strung up for assuming it's okay that their screaming kids ruin my meal or movie or flight. if i ran up and down the aisles of an airplane screaming and beating the back of someone's seat, i'd be arrested on federal charges. so why don't parents realize that the rest of the folks on the plane don't care to hear that shit. why can't you just give them a valium or something to knock them out for a few hours? why don't parents of infants have a little consideration for their babies when the cabin pressure changes cause them such intense pain that they cry for the entire flight? how humane is that? why get so upset when someone asks the kid if they wanna play with a dry cleaning bag? :P

What do YOU suggest a parent do with their child on a flight. I am lucky. My daughter is almost three and she has logged over 100 flights, so she never whines as much as the paying passengers. In fact, when people jump as various noises. She'll say, "It's okay. It's just the flaps." or "Don't worry, it's just a little turbulence." But still. I feel for the uncurrent parents that are all red faced with imbarrassement because they can't comfort their kid and they are getting stink eye.

My suggestion is for YOU to take a little blue pill and bring a headset.:)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peace and Blue Skies!
Bonnie ==>Gravity Gear!

of the last 3 flights i've made, two of them had the most well-behaved children i believe ever lived. i actually commented to the parents regarding how well behaved their kids were...and that they were more well-behaved than some of the adults on the flight.

one of them, however, had the kids literally running up and down the aisle even after the flight attendant asked the parents to seat the kids. they were beating (not just playing drums) on the seats in front of them as well. Seriously, isn't that the parents responsibility to keep them under some sort of control? is it really fair to all the other people to have to deal with that? i don't really blame the kid as much as i blame the parent for either: 1) not knowing what to do, or 2) being so accustomed to the ruckus that it doesn't phase them at all.

i try my best not to affect or disturb those around me when i'm flying. i really do try to be ultra-considerate. i don't think it's asking too much to ask parents to do the same with the wild kids.

it doesn't sound like your little girl fits into that category so if i've offended you, i'm sorry. your little girl isn't one of the ones i'm talking about. hell, i think it's great you have a little person that sounds more mature than alot of adults i know. but i truly feel it is unfair to subject an entire plane full of people to the screams and rampages of a few out of control kids. i feel the same about beligerent drunks on there as well...

as far as what -I- would suggest? :)
a

I have to say i agree with you.

It is not my responsibility to take action for someone else's kid. Being a parent means you the parent are responcibill for your kids not me. I should not be expected to bring head phones or take drugs because someone decided to have a kid that they can't/won't control.
On my last flight the kid behind me kick my seat the whole flight and the mom didn't even care until i got up went to her seat and asked her to please do somethingfor her kid to stop. She gave me the evil eye like her little angel has the right to do any thing. People think that there kids are cute no matter what they do. Not realizing that the people around you have rights too.
For the people who do teach there kids respect at an early age i commend and respect you.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

This kind of moved from kids at a concert to kids on a plane, but the subject being parents should control their kids. I totally agree. Parents of kids on flights, especially long flights should be prepared to entertain the kids for the entire trip. Not rely on the others on board to keep them amused. I couldn't do that to people. However, if the parent is not taking that initiative with their child, it is no big deal for me to sit and color with them for a while and get them interested in something quiet. Hell I'd feel sorry for a kid with a parent that can't even have the desire to spend simple time with them in the first place.-Caress
I've learned.... That being kind is more important than being
right.

Here they come here come the bastards
Bury your head deep in the sand
Anonymity is a virtue in this day and age

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Here they come here come the bastards
Bury your head deep in the sand
Anonymity is a virtue in this day and age

Ok, i'm SERIOUSLY considering buying tickets now. I don't have the $$.... but I REALLY wanna go! I haven't been to a concert in ages.

Angela.

You know. When a child does something unpleasant, like kick the back of my seat. I find it most effective to turn around and look the child in the eye and say, "That is not okay. When you kick my seat, it hurts my back and I get really uncomfortable."

When you address the child themselves with no middle man their eyes get really wide. But they actually listen. They've heard their mom tell them 1000 times to behave on this trip. The mom has told the kid 1000 times to behave on the trip.

Anyways. That is what works for me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peace and Blue Skies!
Bonnie ==>Gravity Gear!