tunaplanet

Real stupid computer question

How do I turn up the volume on my headphones? They don't have the volume on them like some do and I have them plugged in the rear of the computer...not in the front where the one volume control is.

I know there is a way to do it...not sure. I went to Programs/Accessories/Entertainment/Volume Control but nothing there did it.

Any advice?

Forty-two

I know there is a way to do it...not sure. I went to Programs/Accessories/Entertainment/Volume Control but nothing there did it.

When you open the VOLUME CONTROL, click on the menu bar and go to OPTIONS you'll see PROPERTIES and ADVANCED, maybe the HEADPHONE box is unchecked, therefore, it won't appear on the panel.

Tuna,
Ivan is on the right track. Most pc/sound card/os combinations are diferent, (sounds to me like he is talking about windows?) so if his post doesn't work
for you, you may need to pull up your cards control panel & go from there. Hell my dell's front jack and
volume control has Never worked, but I have a 3yr old santa cruz sound card.
If you still have probs. give more info on pc/card/os
somebody will know...
lu7k
D

Hell my dell's front jack and
volume control has Never worked,

If the front jack is part of a CDrom drive it will only work playing regular CD's from that drive. It doesnot work for playing MPS's or any files from the system.

As for the volume control, check the lower right hand corner of you screeen, it is what is known as the system tray, you may see a speaker down there double click on that, see if that volume works. if not, make sure your master setting on the volume control panel is up as well as the rest of them.
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto