woollyjumper

designing a wedding suit

Ok-- Here are some pictures from our wedding this past September. We got married in the CASA on the way to altitude, then jumped with our witnesses and minister (and 4 cameramen).

The dress was a 2 piece that I bought off the rack at a bridal shop for less than $200. I wore pants and freefall friendly shoes underneath; put the pants, top and rig on, then the skirt. When the ceremony was finished, I whipped off the skirt and pearls, and my new husband carried me over the threshold. Some things to consider-- how is the top going to react in freefall? I had sticky strapped the top around my chest, but forgot about the bottom edge, so I was flashing some belly in freefall. (They sell the sticky straps in most dress shops-- they only hurt a little when you rip 'em off ;)) Also-- if you're going to do the skirt thing-- take your rig with you to try dresses on. You'll need extra room for your leg straps under there, and some cuts will drape better than others. My skirt was actually a little big without the rig on, and I did have it hemmed up a little for the reception.

If there's anything else I be of assistance with, just holler. Good luck and congratulations!

I have also seen new wedding pantsuits in some bridal magazines. . .I think something like that would work for a skydiving wedding. . .you would just have to make sure the top was well fitted and wouldn't fly up during freefall. . .

Good luck in your designing and be sure to share
FGF #6
Darcy

Thanks Robin!!

The pictures, after seeing them first hand are even better on DZ.Com.

You instantly transformed from the very beautiful Cinderella with her glass slippers and her pumpkin carrigage (CASA), into a very beautiful skydiver in an instance!! :)

Hope you ladies have enjoyed her and Bryan's moment.

SGC sure did!!

Lee

had a gal at my dz this past year get married on the dz and she wore a white jumpsuit she made herlsef in hite and it was very prety the groom wore a blue jumpsuit.... then we all got on the dc-3 for a jump curto of the bride and groom..... the brides jumpsuit was also functional.. it had grippers and all amid the lace and ribbon..........