Trent

SDC RePaints Hangar!

Some people are prone to ear infections if they get water stuck in there - since the pond is part of a campground, the state sends out an inspector to test the water often. Donovan and his crew keep that pond nice and clean.

On the 3rd of July last year Ginny and me set up camp at about 11pm, popped open a couple of beers and decided to go swimming. We were both excited to finally be able to jump on pondzilla. After having a few and having an encounter w/ the firevan (and the boobies that were in the firevan) Ginny and I took out a paddle boat to climb up top of pondzilla. Being the gentleman that I am i held the boat steady while ginny climbed up the side. I hear a surprised "whoa" and look up to see Ginny's feet up in the air and then a big splash. She fell right through the center of the big doughnut that used to be a giant pond trampoline. It was one of the funniest sites I've ever seen:D:D

Sorry just a little flashback that put a smile on my face:)
Chris

--"Someday you will die and somehow somethings going to steal your carbon" -MM

man, i have GOT to start spending evenings out there...

and to think.....that is just the little stuff...normally what happens at the bonfire, stays at the bonfire! :)
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

and to think.....that is just the little stuff...normally what happens at the bonfire, stays at the bonfire!

Yup. HH doesnt have enough bandwidth for us to tell all the "good" stories...and i wouldn't tell them anyway. ;)

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

Yup. HH doesnt have enough bandwidth for us to tell all the "good" stories...and i wouldn't tell them anyway.

An god knows we could go on and on and on :P You must come join for great jumping , friggen awesome food...and all kinds of fun.....

And yes I will be stping over to CSC to visit as well...gotta take one weekend and hit SkyKnights too B|
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

Yup, Mel that is amazing - great people! Even when I met Roger, he was wonderful to me & a fellow new jumper visiting in Dec 2 winters ago when CSC had closed for the season.

The parties sound fun. Will have to check it out I guess.:D

Yes, AndyMan, I know it has a huge landing area. But I get sick of walking what seems like at least a quarter mile back to the hanger w/ my 190. Beside that, crazy people land everywhere. At CSC there are hardly any swoopers/hookturners.

Great to know bout the pond & being kept clean. I LOVE water & really believe that's all CSC is missing.

There is no can't. Only lack of knowledge or fear. Only you can fix your fear.

PMS #227 (just like the TV show)

Hey Erica... when you arrive to SDC, let me know... I'll make some time for you and make a jump or two! :)

Missy

Yeah Missy!

Such a giving person!

Now, what's it gonna take to get you into a Bird Man suit this season? >:( :D
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

***Bonfire? Hell ya. Nakedness? YUP! Nakedness in the pond??? Just ask Tracy and Sunshine***

Me, naked?? In public??? I dont' think so...no one wants to see me naked...I think I'd scare people:P Oh what the hell am I talking about, I have been know to be naked, once in a while, and I look good...:D No, no problem with my ego:)

Should we plan another weekend of nakedness??
----------------------------------------------------------
I think so!! Jeff's camera with night vision is great, isn't it

Ugh, must everything be on video?? I really need a copy of that tape though...:P

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------

Ugh, must everything be on video?? I really need a copy of that tape though...

It is pretty amusing...It was nice being the camerawoman- less incriminating evidence of me...I think he should still have the tape though. And, I think Bo is on there too (but not naked)...Could be wrong tho.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------

Ugh, must everything be on video?? I really need a copy of that tape though...

It is pretty amusing...It was nice being the camerawoman- less incriminating evidence of me...I think he should still have the tape though. And, I think Bo is on there too (but not naked)...Could be wrong tho.

No, there really is no need for me to be naked at the DZ.

Jeff keeps all his tapes - funny thing is, we picked up Sunny in the truck as she was walking back from shower house in nothing but a towel.

That was a good weekend, and I only ended up with two more scars from the after hour fun.

I think that one thing people get intimidated by is that we do have really well known jumpers at SDC. They all have (as I once did too!) that idea that they are "messing" up a dive if it doesn't go right with someone more experienced than you. I can tell you that it is ALL a learning experience and that we really do love jumping with less experienced people because then you become MORE experienced and can pass on to others what you know. You DON'T have to prove anything to us if you jump with us. You only have to be safe, have fun, and see what you can accomplish in your own way. You might be surprised.

I know I was intimidated when I first got to SDC in 1997. You know.....you all have to get that out of your heads. There are plenty of people there wanting and willing to jump with anyone else.

Oh yah...and we have bonfires too! And man.....Tim's cooking....that seared Salmon? Uhhhhh....to die for! And his skirt stake is great too! Damn...I just made myself hungry. Must go eat now.
Chris Schindler
www.diverdriver.com
ATP/D-19012
FB #4125

SDC is a special place because ot the leadership provided by roger. He was a innovator and had a rep for encourging the expereienced jumpers to help out the less experienced.

IMO Every dropzone adopts the personality of the people that run the place, all dropzones are not equal in their treatment of the newer jumpers, people who aren't part of the clique, males or guests.

To bad so sad just the way it is.

R.I.P.