j_gouge

Best customer service I've ever experienced!!!

A recent email conversation between me and Larsen & Brusgaard:

Me:

I just purchased your Jump-Track software this weekend at my local dropzone for use with my (also recently purchased) Pro-Track audible altimeter. Unfortunately, it seems the product I purchased came with the cables to hook up to a Alti-Track rather than a Pro-Track. Can I send in these cables (still brand new) to exchange for the correct ones?

L&B:

We can’t replace the cables because of the shipping cost. Please contact your local dealer from where you purchased the package and ask for a replacement?

Me:

I bought it on sale from my local dropzone because it was closing, so I have no place to go back to replace it. I would be happy to pay the shipping costs for a replacement. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

L&B:

Ok, please email your address and I will ship the PC-Interface cradle free of charge? Do you also need a USB-To-Serial converter? When possible, please return the USB-Track and cables in a envelop

Me:

Great! The PC-interface cradle is all I need, I don’t need a USB converter. You can ship it to the following address: ... I’ll have the USB-Track and cables shipped today. Thank you so much for the help.

L&B:

Thanks, We ship today.

One week later, not only did I get the cable I needed, but a whole new software package, a lanyard, and a pull-up strap! And they didn't even charge me anything! Thanks to Steffen at Larsen & Brusgaard for making me a very satisfied customer!

Man, that ain't shit. I got you beat big time.

So I bought a altitrack shortly after they came out, and used it for quite awhile with no problem. I was jumping at a new to me DZ which required a altitude offset, for the landing area away from the runway. When I tried to calibrate it, it was having a problem with inputting a large enough offset, so I sent them an email telling when what was up. They asked me to send it in, and instead of simply flashing new software onto it to fix the problem, they sent me a whole new unit, which is visibly updated and better than my original one.
All the time I took trying to break my old altimeter, and they go and give me a new one for free. What assholes.

:)
Thanks L&B!!!!!!!!!!

L&B really has the best customer service I've ever seen. My Optima had a crack in it a while ago and also send L&B an email. They told me to send the Optima to them.

I send them the Optima without batteries and in 1 week I had a brand new Optima with batteries and a spare set of batteries.
Blue skies!

L&B really has the best customer service I've ever seen. My Optima had a crack in it a while ago and also send L&B an email. They told me to send the Optima to them.

I send them the Optima without batteries and in 1 week I had a brand new Optima with batteries and a spare set of batteries.

Maybe they thought you had an operational problem. Once they realized the batteries were absent they figured you were a big dummy. The spare set was a reminder to use batteries. ;)
Give one city to the thugs so they can all live together. I vote for Chicago where they have strict gun laws.

Maybe they thought you had an operational problem. Once they realized the batteries were absent they figured you were a big dummy. The spare set was a reminder to use batteries. ;)

Of course!! That's why my Optima hasn't been working. I gotta tell ya, you're a lifesaver mate. ;)
I wish Google Maps had an "Avoid Ghetto" routing option.

From my personal experience with L & B, I'll echo your comments and add that there are numerious skydiving manufactures that give great service.

PD is another that really stands behind their gear. This is a very small community compaired to most sports and a bad reputation will spread quickly.
Dano