shmali

Another Brain Teaser

You have 3 Houses and 3 Utility Companies. Can you find a way to connect each house to each of the utility companies without having any lines cross over/under eachother.

Condition:
All lines are run underground

Pineappe Death Juice, If you have to ask you'd rather not know!

one of the lines goes under one of the buildings
otherwise there is no solution in 2D

edited to attach solution
“Now click your heels together 3 times so you can return to Kansas to live in poverty with your teetotaling, dirt farming aunt and uncle!” paraphrased Prof. Farnsworth

middle house is in arkansas and so doesn't need electricity? :P

Hey now!!! We do so have electricity... most of the time anyway! :S

Yeah, it's fine, we'll walk down the line. Leave our rain, a cold trade for warm sunshine
You my friend, I will defend... and if we change, well, I love you anyway

Build them on a torus.

I'm not sure that solves the problem, if the utility lines are required to be in the surface of the solid, the houses are required to be abutting the surface of the solid on the outside, and the lines are not allowed to pass through the intersection of the bases of the houses and the surface of the solid.

But just to be sure, I'll try this out on an inner tube - paper lacks and I haven't had much sleep.

-=-=-=-=-
Pull.

Build them on a torus.

I'm not sure that solves the problem, if the utility lines are required to be in the surface of the solid, the houses are required to be abutting the surface of the solid on the outside, and the lines are not allowed to pass through the intersection of the bases of the houses and the surface of the solid.

But just to be sure, I'll try this out on an inner tube - paper lacks and I haven't had much sleep.

Well, it's known to be impossible (math proof using graph theory) on a plane or a sphere, so a torus is your only hope.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

nobody looked at my reply and the attached solution
it is a trick question
you cannot go under or over another line but nothing was ever said about going under a building
see my attachment
“Now click your heels together 3 times so you can return to Kansas to live in poverty with your teetotaling, dirt farming aunt and uncle!” paraphrased Prof. Farnsworth