Bigwallmaster

Cure for a broken heart?

Booze.

and don't drunk dial the bitch.

that'll sting her way worse than you calling her back home. she'll hate it. I did that to a lying cheating whore once and she blinked first and called me back two weeks later... Shine, next in line. Serving # 46...

Yeah, I thought I had something with this chick.. Sex never sounded or felt so good... She was a closet Hustler freak though.. She'd bring girlfriends to share back to me I know if we'd have stuck together... But in her "free" time she wanted every other Tom Dick and Harry to compare the Butchers goods... She's just shoppin around homie. It's all good. fuk her. Next.........

Accelerate hard to get them looking, then slam on the fronts and rollright beside the car, hanging the back wheel at eye level for a few seconds. Guaranteed reaction- Dave Sonsky

Skydive.... I find no matter what crap is going on in my life if I think about the jumpin all is good. When I am jumping things are better. Unfortunately I live in Chicago so skydiving is currently unseasonal.

Time will heal and you will eventually look back and wonder what the big deal was.

Patience is a virtue,
Heather
Life doesn't have to be perfect in order to be beautiful!

I was recently cheated on by a girl I loved. I'm 27 and this is the first time I have gone through this. Needless to say I am just crushed.

All I can say chap is that if you are 27 and have only just had your heart broken then you are a lucky guy! As for getting over it? Hanging out with the guys, and making sure you are busy helps but yep, having a rebound shag and getting drunk also works a little!! ;)

Not one shred of evidence supports the theory that life is serious - look at the platypus.

No I definitely don't reccomend hooking up with one of her friends - revenge never works! Get out of it with good grace. Life has a funny way of working out and what goes around DEFINITELY comes around. She'll get whats coming...

Not one shred of evidence supports the theory that life is serious - look at the platypus.

I completely feel your pain. Amen brutha it will get better!

Meanwhile JERK OFF, get out that lube and Beat that shit retarded!

Dont stop untill you cramp up!

heh...

Things will get better, the best advice I can say is let yourself feel bad, you need to get that out...

Good luck

Your not alone!

Peace

Sean

Sean
Sean In Thailand

Jump your Frick'n arse off. It always helps me put things into perspective, failing that it just helps to push everything else to the edges for a while.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

I was recently cheated on by a girl I loved. I'm 27 and this is the first time I have gone through this. Needless to say I am just crushed.

any suggestions for "curing blues"?

Bigwall

Ps. I don't want to hear "banging a whole bunch of chicks and drinking like a fish". I've tried that already. ;)

FIRST TIME EH?
CASE OF BEER!
(sorry couldn't help myself)
Skydiving,Good friends and Time the only things I can think of.
(becides the afore mentioned of course)
"One flew East,and one flew West..............one flew over the cuckoo's nest"
"There's absolutely no excuse for the way I'm about to act"

-go through all the phases of loss that exist:
Denial, Anger, Depression, Acceptance, and finally-----------------Healing.:P

What you have to do is: accept reality for what it is, don't blame yourself, allow yourself to hate her, experience the pain, surround yourself with people who care, focus on the happy things in your life,
(skydiveB|) keep yourself busy, don't forget the good parts of the relationship and most importantly fall in love again.:P:P

SMiles;)

Time doesn't heal.

If you just sit around being miserable missing what you had, time will pass, but it won't heal. If you had a broken arm, would you wait for time to heal it? No you'd go and get help. You need to do something. Like most things in life, you can either sit back, go with the flow and see what happens (but be prepared to wait a long time). Or you can get off your ass and do something.

Hurt men have a habit of withdrawing to their cave, holing up and licking their wounds in private. I'm not saying you don't need time, but minimise it.

You need to fix how you feel about whats happened and you need to put that girl in your past.

Lots of people think they are in control of what they think, but have no influence over how they feel. ie when I feel $hit because this person dumped me, I can't do anything about it and I'm doomed to feel $hit. The common thought is that to fix it, they need the dumper to undo what they did. Sometimes that happens. But if it doesn't then you are stuck, miserable because of what your ex has done.

Well the news is, you can't do anything about what other people do. But you can "decide" to control how you feel about whats happened. There are lots of methods and techniques you can use to consciously take control of how you feel. Take that control away from the person who $hit on you.

Now some people may think that using techniques and methods is an artificial manipulative way of handling your feelings and that its more natural to let your feelings run themselves. Thats exactly how I felt, till I found myself grieving way tooooo long. And if you think about it, by what she did isn't she manipulating how you feel? If you let other people change how you feel (by what they do), then why shouldn't you be able to manipulate your own feelings?

I tried the chickens and the booze and yeah while the fog was there I didn't think about the bad stuff. But the booze cramps the rest of your life and while on my rebound I in turn hurt a really nice person who didn't deserve to be used. Shame on me for that.:$ Don't go there.

But seriously, if it was a relationship that meant anything to you then you probably made an investment in it. If you did, then good for you, the world needs more genuine people. And the loss of that investment is one of the reasons why you feel so bad. Her loss dude, real people are rare.

Back to my point, time alone won't heal anything, you need to take action. There ain't no AAD for the heart. PM'd you with some specific constructive advice.

Make your own luck my friend and choose to be happy.:)

Time.

or

"The best way to get over someone, is to get over someone else."

Just be honest with your rebound choice. No point in spreading the pain.

Hang in there. (Do you climb?)

t

Edited to add: Just read the whole thread. There are a lot of angry, damaged, bitter men out there. Try really hard not to become one of them.

"fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hatred. Hatred leads to suffering." Yoda

Let it go, dude.

t
It's the year of the Pig.

aw :( not kewl!! Yeah, we have all been there the trick is in how we handle it! Just like tonto said *in my best pade won voice "master"*

no point in learning the wrong lesson from an experience, that kinda dooms us to repeating it until we get it right! I am not saying she is right, she has her reasons for doing what she did, it very likely has nothing to do with you or your relationship, it's her shit and she will need to deal with it at some stage!

Lots of hugs, hope your heart heals without too much scar tissue! One day when you meet the right girl, you will look back at this experience and be thank ful that it happened, that you learned and that you had the opprotunity of meeting the new person, we really dont want to be stuck with the wrong ones huh!!

take care of you in the meantime!! be brave :)

"Most of us can read the writing on the wall; we just assume it's
addressed to someone else!" Ivern Ball

The answer's ACD. Accept, Change, or Dump (the issue)

Can ya Accept it? if so great...if not, can ya Change it/the situation?...if ya can, great. If not, Dump the issue. Let it go. Get over it. Hard, i know...but Lifes too short mate.

Works for a lot of things in life :)

Russ

The answer's ACD. Accept, Change, or Dump (the issue)

Can ya Accept it? if so great...if not, can ya Change it/the situation?...if ya can, great. If not, Dump the issue. Let it go. Get over it. Hard, i know...but Lifes too short mate.

Works for a lot of things in life :)

Russ

:)

"Most of us can read the writing on the wall; we just assume it's
addressed to someone else!" Ivern Ball

JUMP!!!!!!

Quickest way to get over someone is to find someone else in the mean time. Sorta like an interum football coach!;):P

Cheer up, it'll work out. You wouldn't want to be with someone that would do that to you anyway!
Tunnel Pink Mafia Delegate
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

28, my first time was 6 months ago when my little girl was 2 weeks old!! Sadly, I was willing to "work it out" and forgive my ex, he wasn't so willing... Ended up being for the best, I'm happier, I'm learning to skydive and I'm not waiting up until wee hours of the night for him to come home anymore. Good riddance. On to greener pastures...
I like coconuts. You can break them open and they smell like ladies lying in the sun!

Time doesn't heal.

If you just sit around being miserable missing what you had, time will pass, but it won't heal. If you had a broken arm, would you wait for time to heal it? No you'd go and get help. You need to do something. Like most things in life, you can either sit back, go with the flow and see what happens (but be prepared to wait a long time). Or you can get off your ass and do something.

Hurt men have a habit of withdrawing to their cave, holing up and licking their wounds in private. I'm not saying you don't need time, but minimise it.

You need to fix how you feel about whats happened and you need to put that girl in your past.

But seriously, if it was a relationship that meant anything to you then you probably made an investment in it. If you did, then good for you, the world needs more genuine people. And the loss of that investment is one of the reasons why you feel so bad. Her loss dude, real people are rare.

Back to my point, time alone won't heal anything, you need to take action. There ain't no AAD for the heart. PM'd you with some specific constructive advice.

Make your own luck my friend and choose to be happy.:)

Seriously wise words. Man..... sounds like you realy have done some studies on human relationships.

Spike,

You are a person of sound logic. I like what you have to say here, and I have taken it to heart.

I haven't been moping around. I am a fanatic ice and rock climber and I have been training very hard and climbing alot. It has helped tremendously. But it's those down times at night when I'm sitting around the house that are tough. I'm dealing though; trying not to dwell.

thanks for the words. . . . . .it helps.

Big Wall

Yeah...went through a break up myself recently. She kept contacting me, saying she wanted to try again. I'd give in, then she'd be a no show. Finally just started hanging up on her until she stopped calling. Everytime we made plans to get together to talk about stuff, I'd be back at square 1. Gotta move on and get active with something else.

I read an article that basically compared emotional attachment with drug addiction. You become addicted to having that person in your life, and when they're not there anymore you go through withdrawal. You want them back and feel physical and emotional pain. It's like kicking any other addiction, if you keep going back to it, you have to start all over again.