Trent

Online Petition for Missy & Bill: 2004 World Meet

I'm purdy purdy though... you gotta admit...

I just looked at your bio on your website. I'll vote "yes" that you're a hottie.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

never thought of Trent as a hottie personally, not quite my type you know. ;) You on the other hand little sister are...ooops...better not go there seeing how I am old enough to be...:)

Rainbo
still unemployed but not down
Rainbo
TheSpeedTriple - Speed is everything
"Blessed are those who can give without remembering, and take without forgetting."

I sure wish I were, but being unemployed since July has severely limited my funds for fun. Say hi to everyone for me and remind them all to please be safe.

Rainbo
Rainbo
"Blessed are those who can give without remembering, and take without forgetting."

That's right; after making all of us find our USPA numbers ... :)
Why is it that I can always remember license numbers (A-D and even my driver's license) but can never remember a membership number?
It wouldn't hurt you to think like a fucking serial killer every once in a while - just for the sake of prevention

Hey Professor,
Everyone knew that already, no need to rub it in. I do have certain qualities that some might consider "purdy", though I am having a hard time thinking of them at the moment.:P Have you signed yet???

Rainbo
Rainbo

Hey Professor,
Everyone knew that already, no need to rub it in. I do have certain qualities that some might consider "purdy", though I am having a hard time thinking of them at the moment.:P Have you signed yet???

Rainbo

Oh yes.

And when you remember those qualities, better keep them to yourself.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Not so dude, the Misser was already knee high when I started cartin' baggage. Now she just plain "rocks" and I gotta love her. Would be silly of USPA to not fill the roster for the team. Hopefully we can make them see that.

Rainbo

P.S. Bill, you rock too!!!
Rainbo

Remember, they're elected to the board... so just be sure you check to see how they vote and take that into consideration. I guess that's the only way to really convince some elected officials to do what their constituents want, huh?
Oh, hello again!

Wish that were true Trent. Unfortunately I have spent many years watching the board do many things that piles of "skydivers" did not "support". Does piles of skydivers constitute a majority. Hard to say.
Truth is once you get the power your hearing often gets much worse than when you just wanted the power. Not bashing here, just calling em like I see em. And I have seen the board do good things over the years, just to keep balance in my statement.
Hopefully they will do what is in the best interest of the U.S. team in this instance.

Rainbo
Rainbo

Looks like you have loads of support!

Quick questions (because I live in a cave) :
Have any of the previous several years of Nationals winners been contacted and do they support this effort? Do any of them want to fill that slot? Also, how do the teams in the other disciplines feel about this? How do the other competing freestyle teams feel?

As long as there are no conflicts, the US Team deserves to be well represented.

---> One Half of Almost Nearly Normal <---

Most of your question is something for Missy to answer, or for the competitors on this board themselves. I CAN tell you that many competitors from all disciplines have signed the petition... so if that indicates anything to you. Also, as a competitor going to the world meet myself... I think that whatever makes the US Team strongest is the best course of action. No team is losing their place at the meet since only 2 teams have decided to go. All of the freestyle teams who COULD go to the meet, DO support this effort. What does that tell ya?
Oh, hello again!

Looks like you have loads of support!

Quick questions (because I live in a cave) :
Have any of the previous several years of Nationals winners been contacted and do they support this effort? Do any of them want to fill that slot?

Missy won gold in 1999 and 2001, and Bill won gold in 2002, so they satisfy that criterion.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

No team is losing their place at the meet since only 2 teams have decided to go.

Sounds definitely like an issue USPA should address. Especially when you think of the US Team results from the last world event. I would prefer that the USPA field a full roster of teams using the best teams available starting first with the current US National champions, then former champions, and finally other available and qualified flyers. This way if a field is incomplete hopefully the next best would be able to go and represent us.

In this case an injury kept the team from competing this year, all the current champions can't go and they definitely are former champions.

USPA needs to be less bureaucratic and do what's best for US skydiving at world meets.

Blues,

Blue skies,

Jim