McDuck

Practice makes...

...well, improvement since the last video: http://members.carolina.net/renpiti/kevin.wmv

The other video is here for comparison. I have a long way to go, but I get more stable and comfortable each time.
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

Thanks man. :)
I'll have to check, but I believe it was 5. I have many bugs to work out, but I'm finally starting to see it all come together.
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC

Five wow
man i don't know much but that is a big difference from the first video i saw. keep posting videos man.
Us guys in the cold need too see that stuff just to keep sane. :S:S
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

I may be off by a few jumps, but it can't be more than 8 or 9 since the last video. I'll check my log book when I get home. I've just focussed on everything the experienced freeflyers tell me when they see the videos or jump with me and it really seems to be working.

Thanks for the encouragement, man. And don't worry, the weather can't stay cold forever. :PB|

Why thank you, ma'am! I'm still a baby in this sport, but I do try my best to improve my skills as much as possible. :)

Thanks darlin'! Maybe the next time you and Steve are out this way, we can do a hybrid: Cora and Steve belly-flying and you and I sitting. :P Yeah, let me practice a few hundred more times. :DB|

That's really impressive, congrats! But may I nag a bit?
-what's up with the other two guys on the first jump? How good are they and where did they go?
-does your Jav flap often? Maybe a quick visit to your rigger is in order.
-is it just the way the video is shot or did you actually get very little separation on break on both jumps?

Not meaning to put you down (as I said, impressive improvement), I just noticed a few things that bothered me and wanted to check that you're aware of them.:)

On the first jump, the other two guys were supposed to track back to me if it went to crud, but they decided to go it on their own. No big deal, since we were all about having fun that day. The camera man stayed with me, since that's what we had agreed on at the outset. We had hoped we might get to fly together a bit, but we didn't expect it to happen.

My Javelin has only done that twice, but I'm going to have it looked at regardless. If it can happen once...

We both seemed to think that we had decent separation on both jumps, so it may have been the way the video was shot. I'll check into it further.

Thanks for the encouragement. B|

Thanks brother! And you're right about the video jumps. I cringe every time I watch them, but I'm learning to correct the bad habits I started.

And Jaye, I hope it doesn't disappoint. You know, all that wait with little payoff. :PB|

Great Video Kevin! I think I saw the first part with you at TSP that saturday.

Any green on that purdy new white jumpsuit yet?

Looks like im gonna have to show Eugene how to track :D

If I get over this cold, I will be there Saturday or Sunday to finish all my AFF jumps so I can solo with you guys!

Just hope I can do it all in a couple days.

Good job ance again on your sit!! B|

Later!

Clint S.
http://sexygirlabs.com/url]

Thanks Clint! And I do believe you are correct. We showed you that first part when you were out at the DZ.

Ahem, YES, I effed up and did a no-no while target-fixated and wound up turning a swoop into a knee landing. I'm "Shout"ing the stain out and then I'm going to Scotchguard my entire suit on recommendation from someone I respect highly at the DZ. It was a sad day for my white freefly suit. :S:P

If the weather holds, you should be able to get all your jumps in...as long as you can pack your arse off and manifest in time for the loads. I'll look forward to flying with you on your first solo jump man!

Thanks for the encouragement, my friend. See you this weekend, hopefully. B|

Glad you liked it, brother! I wish I could take credit for the music selection, but since my video editor always seems to pick just the right songs, I think I'll let her continue to choose.B|

Thanks! I'm jealous of those underpants. :DB|

Seriously, thanks for the encouragement. I'd love to be good enough to compete at nationals this year, but I need lots of work. That requires mucho dinero, and unless I get a new job or get a promotion at this job (where there is really no upward mobility possible), I'm stuck going at it the slow way.

Jerry81 has already addressed some of the same issues I was going to bring up. On the 2nd jump (at the start) try to resist the urge to go on your belly when you get unstable. You did a good job near the end of the 2nd jump balling up and not going to you belly when you felt unstable. Keep up the good work. Nobody said freeflying was easy. At least it didn't come naturally for me either and I feel that I still suck, I just don't suck as much as I used to. ;)

My biggest concern watching all of this is that your reserve flap was flopping in the wind. You really need to get that looked into. Imagine how much it'll hurt if you were to have a pre-me ... :o

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Yeah, I'm having it checked. It only did it two times, and not since, but I don't want to risk a premie. I know I have lots of work still to do so that I can at least LOOK like I know what I'm doing, but I'm ready for the long haul. I'm saving my pennies (literally) in the hopes that I can one day afford a newer rig.

Thanks for advice. I really do need to get over that tendency to go to my belly. I think I'm on the right track, and there might be a freefly camp coming up that I plan on attending to help me develop the good habits and eliminate the bad.

Sweet videos. You seem very relaxed in freefall, no flailing or anything.

What's the song on the first video? "...you wanna take my picture..." I like it, heard it many times, no clue who sings it.

-Kramer

The FAKE KRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMER!!!!!!!!!

Thanks, my friend! Oh, and the song is "Take My Picture" by Filter. B|