skygod7777

i'm proud of myself, i cooked dinner

what's up

well i'll just have to pat myself on the back for this one. i made me and my dad dinner tonight. i said i could do it, and it wouldn't be nasty too. and i'll just have to say my tuna helper was damn good :)
i know it may not be much for most people, but damnt it's far from what i usually eat, frozen pizza.:P

later

So what Next, Lasagana?
(the hamburger helper version)

not sure, more than likely i won't have too cook again for a while. but if i do, i may just go for the tuna helper again, because it's simple, even though i had trouble following the directions. the noddles were about half way done, and i checked on them, and was like, man i thought these were supposed to be cheesey or something, and then realized i forgot to put in the season stuff. :D

later

was this by any chance your first dinner?

yup ;)

but they way i look at it, i'm not legally old enough to go in the store and buy it, so i don't have to, right:P:D.

later

oh damn loopholes! damn loopholes! they need to have an exemption for young skydiver dudes and dudettes, "if you're capable of jumping from a plane, you're capable of buying me beer!"

Never go to a DZ strip show.

Duuude! nice start.

[whisper] now here's the secret the restaurants don't want you to know [/whisper] www.foodtv.org

Go to the site and search for a favorite "dining out" entree (pick 'this site only' rather than 'the net' option). Now pick one of the recipes that sounds good and look for when it will be prepared on TV. Tape the show. Orrrrr.... watch FoodTV instead of fluffTV (it can become a a habit like any other activity) and then go look for the recipes you saw prepared.

Making "Good" food is all about making something you would eat until you explode (.... but it's only a wafer thin mint sir :P) whether it's veggie or high end cow. Just know that you can duplicate anything you pay $$$'s for at a fine dining establishment with the right ngredients and some practice.

Bon Appetit,

Chef-Boy-ar-Dave

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friend (Lennon/McCartney)

Dude, Ramen noodles and a couple boiled hot dogs doesn't count.:P

Learn to cook, really, cooking is very fun and very handy w/ the women. Trust me. I'm a good cook, I even enjoy cooking (I just hate cleaning up). You give me a few pounds of beef and a grill, and you'll have one hell of a meal. Give me a kitchen and the right tools, you'll also have one hell of a meal.B|
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

All you men talking about cooking. DAMN that's sexy!
B|

Really, guys who can cook are way cool. And if they know how to pour the wine correctly, OOoohhh aAAhhh. If they can set a romantic table - or at least get the cutlery placed properly - Oh my that's just... (sigh) perfect...

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.
-Robert A. Heinlein

Not only do I know how to cook and how to set the table correctly and pour the wine correctly. I can use the right utensils at the right time, in the proper manner. I even know what wine to use with what meal and I have a taste for certain wineries for certain meals.

Now, how are most of Morgan and my meals spent? With a sandwich or a TV dinner, a little Dr. Pepper with some Jack Daniels, on the couch watching TV. At this stage in our life, we just don't worry about it...I pull out all the stops when I want to though. Sort of like on the 14th, I've got a great meal planned...I'm going to have to start shopping on Monday so I can get everything ready.B|
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

but they way i look at it, i'm not legally old enough to go in the store and buy it, so i don't have to, right

I wish that's the way my dz looked at it too. I keep trying to use that one as an excuse, but there never seems to be a shortage of people who will take my money from me... :P

-Miranda
you shall above all things be glad and young / For if you're young,whatever life you wear
it will become you;and if you are glad / whatever's living will yourself become.

George Forman grill makes everything easy. Steak, chicken, grilled cheese, hot dogs, etc.

My favorite easy dish would have to be chicken marinated in a rosemary/thyme sause and red wine! Great with potatoes and cooked vegetables. Just cook the veges till they are soft not mushy and you'll be in business.

:)
Tunnel Pink Mafia Delegate
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

start out easy and work up - it doesn't get better than steak - heat frying pan(or grill) - throw steak in for a split second - turn, remove and its done - and shouldn't be adulterated with sauce, and tastes amazing - perfect :)
congrats on your first meal though, practice makes perfect ;)