KMonster

Loved ones overseas

My boyfriend, who I am deeply in love with, just got sent to Iraq. He'll be back in six months and I know we'll be fine, it just sucks because I miss him so much. I'm really proud of him though, he's a corpsman and I know he'll take excellent care of his Marines. I was just wondering who else has loved ones overseas?

I just returned from a 9 month stint but I had it much easier than the marines did. I was not in the field but more in an office/work environment. As a woman, I'll tell you it was the hardest thing I've ever gone through. Hopefully you have a good support system here at home because without it you'll be miserable. He'll go through things that you don't understand and you'll experience feelings that will be completely new to your relationship.

Just remember, he's gone doing his job. If he doesn't write/call he's not screwing off he's serving his country. You can't be sensitve or overly emotional. Do what you can to be supportive and make it easier for him, even if you feel you're not receiving support in return. The military is a wicked creature.

Good luck, chica. PM me anytime if you need a chick to talk to!:)
Katie

Katie
Get your PMS glass necklace here

write lots, email snail mail whatever, and write about everything and nothing..little everyday details that will make him feel that he's really still part of your life...

mail is christmas everyday...

Right on Mr. K. I did a stint over there back in 90.

Good Post Katie.

Believe what she says because it is true. Especially for field soldiers. Also Pm her if you need to talk. She is an awesome individual. :)
Depending on how the missions are running an individual might not have time to write. That does not mean that they are not getting the letters which you write. Those keep a soldier going. It is very important to keep them coming. :)
I myself am just waiting to find out exactly when my unit goes back. We are on a regular rotation.

Stay strong for him! :)

Laters,

The REAL KRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMER!

"HESITATION CAUSES DEATH!!!"
"Be Slow to Fall into Friendship; but when Thou Art in, Continue Firm & Constant." - SOCRATES

I will write to him all the time, I know he'll probably be busy and won't be able to write back as much. I want to be supportive, I know he's going to go through a lot over there, things that I will never experience and I just want to make it easier for him in any way I can, even if it is just writing letters or sending him little things.

I wish you well on your next deployment, jmpnkramer.

Katie.

My boyfriend, who I am deeply in love with, just got sent to Iraq. He'll be back in six months and I know we'll be fine, it just sucks because I miss him so much. I'm really proud of him though, he's a corpsman and I know he'll take excellent care of his Marines. I was just wondering who else has loved ones overseas?

Well, I'm overseas, and I am my closest family member.

I have two friends over there. Used to be five, but three are home safe now!

I send them letters every single day. They write back when they can. I even write when I don't have anything to say other than chat about the weather or the news or whatnot, because they love getting mail. Apparently just knowing someone's thinking and cares enough to write helps.