curtismelaniej

Skydive Elsinore- Ex-C-el Basic Camp (cross post)

Hey everyone! THIS weekend, February 14-15, come on out to Skydive Elsinore-- the Ex-C-el Basic Camp is starting! If you're a newer jumper, looking to get better, meet new people, and have some fun-- come on out. We're calling it the Ex-C-el Basic Camp because that's what we're doing-- focusing on the basics that ALL skydivers need to know as they start out in our awesome sport--- and Ex-C-el stands for Excellence and Commitment at Elsinore! (I must admit, I like that! :$) Over the course of the year, we'll be working on basic body flight and all the elements that go along with that. As we build flying skills, we hopefully can also participate in some of the other events the DZ has to offer-- like putting a team together for Poker Run, Dueling DZ's, 10-way speed, etc. Good skills are the foundation for everything else-- so that will be our primary focus-- body postition, fall rate control, turns, exits, etc, etc. The Ex-C-el Basic camp is meant to be a relaxed place for everyone to feel welcome-- a place where you can find direction to any path you want to take in skydiving----- Whatever you have questions about, we can help you find answers to-- professional one-on-one coaching, tunnel camps, freefly coaching, canopy flight schools, gear selection, 4-way, DZ events... the list just goes on and on. If I personally can't give you the answer, I'll send you to the person will. If any of you know me, I'm already very excited about this (more than I normally get ;))-- I love meeting new people, helping people succeed, and having a great time in the process! Ok, I'll stop rambling for now-- if you have any questions, feel free to email/PM me-- other wise, hope to see you this weekend! I'll be at the DZ at 8:00am, but if you can't make that, please feel free to show up whenever you can!
Cheers and Blues!
Mel B|
PS. I'll post the rest of the dates going forward, when they are all officially set! (yay)

Thanks for the question, Nightingale, and the answer is--- OF COURSE!! :$ Come anytime, everytime, all year, part of the year, once, or 20 times-- the Basic Camp is open to anyone, anytime-- just show up! I will definitely try to keep everyone posted as to when it's happening. There is also going to be a new section of the Elsinore website dedicated to it as well. We're in the beginning stages at this point, so it's only going to get better as we go! B|

Awesome Melanie! B| I can't wait! I heard a little something about this the other day. You know that I am just beginning 4-ways, so I'd like to work on anything that would help me with that. :)
Mel, I can only go on the 15th (perhaps around 9 am because I staying up until VERY late the night before). I have plans on the 14th -Valentine's Day. I can always try to get there at 8 am, though, if that is the required time to attend. ;) I will be PMing you more tomorrow when I know exactly what else is going on with my weekend!

Fantastic! This first weekend is really just to try to get things going-- it's pretty last minute, so I understand that peeps have other things going. I will get the other dates up as soon as possible. B|

Mel, this is sooooo cool. Very stoked about this. Sometimes it is hard for us newbies to know where we want to go once we get the requisite A license. This is FABULOUS. . .
FGF #6
Darcy

Well you obviously know I love 4-way ;)-- I love that you're getting into it-- and I'll tell you, the foundation of any good 4-way team is good skills, good in-air communication--- all things we can work into your jumps outside of training! :$

Yo peeps--- fyi--- my email address is now [email protected] --- just wanted to let you know!

I can just FEEL the love now. . .Your e-mail will be OVERFLOWING with it soon. . .

LOL
FGF #6
Darcy

I wanna go.

I wanna fly with smily Mel again....

I wanna reach for the sky and play with my friends.....

I wanna, I wanna, I wanna....

And I will, at some point. Just not this weekend. Have fun, all my friends, play safe and share Mel.

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~