turtlespeed

What would happen if Bush was waiting to find the WMD's?

A thought crossed my mind (Ok, so we needed a boyscout and a crossing gaurd). . . It would be a pretty shrewd move, politically, if Bush knows where there are WMD's buried in Iraq, and is waiting until just weeks before the election to unearth them.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

A thought crossed my mind (Ok, so we needed a boyscout and a crossing gaurd). . . It would be a pretty shrewd move, politically, if Bush knows where there are WMD's buried in Iraq, and is waiting until just weeks before the election to unearth them.

Very cynical...:D

He'd be denounced for it, like he's being denounced now, only worse. It would be a re-election killer.

Edit to add: I don't think it will be as much of a factor in the election as libs seem to desperately want it to be. I mean, why bother? They've already got the record deficit thing, the lack of predicted job creation, etc.

mh
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

I understand that you would think Bush sufficiently deceitful to do this (or duped by deceitful men such as Cheney and Rumsfeld).

However, our troops in Iraq are honorable and the deceit could never be kept secret.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I think it would backfire horribly on him if he were to do that.

The number of experts that have said there is nothing who couldn't find infrastructure and the Iraqi's that have stated on the record that it was all a lie to keep getting money would make it impossible to pull off.
If the credibility is already shaky trying something as risky as that could possibly drive supporters away.

David

> I don't think it will be as much of a factor in the election . . .

I actually hope that the media concentrates on stuff like that (and on Kerry's voting record etc) rather than on Bush's cocaine use, Kerry's support of North Vietnamese generals, did Bush rape someone, did Kerry cheat on his wife . . . it would be a nice change.

But it would be shrewd. It would be purely politically motivated, and I think that the general populace dislikes politics and wishes that everything were done because it is the right thing to do.

Unlike Kennedy and Dashel, and most of the Liberals and some of the Conservatives, those that "Pose" and cater to what they think will get them the most votes.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

My brother has a different cynical view...he says that weeks before the election they will suddenly "find" bin Laden.

As interesting as that would be to watch in the media - The support wave would be nowhere near its end when the elections came around. It wouldn't do him justice to do that - It would be counter productive at this point.

That would be like Regan waiting to release the hostages until he took office.....nah....who would do something like that?

That would be like Regan waiting to release the hostages until he took office.....nah....who would do something like that?

Bill[:/]Hillary[:/]Dashel[:/]Kennedy[:/]Kerry[:/]Dean[:/]Carter[:/]and so on and so on . . .:D:D:D:D

Bill[:/]Hillary[:/]Dashel[:/]Kennedy[:/]Kerry[:/]Dean[:/]Carter[:/]and so on and so on . . .:D:D:D:D

Wow, you are on a troll....

Reagan released the hostages? I thought the Iranians released them.

I see the Libs are already setting it up to look as if finding OBL or WMDs is all a vast Right-Wing Plot to steal the election.

Reagan released the hostages? I thought the Iranians released them.

I see the Libs are already setting it up to look as if finding OBL or WMDs is all a vast Right-Wing Plot to steal the election.

Doubtful since I was watching CNN and MSNBC last night - both were hinting of a major offensive against AQ in the next few weeks, with OBL possibly as the main target.

Damn Repubs and their conspiracy theory. ;)

> I don't think it will be as much of a factor in the election . . .

I actually hope that the media concentrates on stuff like that (and on Kerry's voting record etc) rather than on Bush's cocaine use, Kerry's support of North Vietnamese generals, did Bush rape someone, did Kerry cheat on his wife . . . it would be a nice change.

I think they should just both wip out their peckers and we elect the one who has the biggest volume:D.

No wait, better Idea. We drain all their blood and place it in shot glasses and whoever has the most shots wins!:ph34r:

However, our troops in Iraq are honorable and the deceit could never be kept secret.

How can you make a statement like this? Do you know all of the troops in Iraq? It's possible that there are some troops that aren't honorable.

I trust the enlisted troops in Iraq however above the enlisted swine level (I earned the right to say that) than you have the infamous "chain of command" national security, classified info, need to know, bean counters, and General's, and officers who want to be be generals etc etc.

We have seen military coverup's over the last 30 years and afaik they started above the "enlisted swine level" .

R.I.P.

How can you make a statement like this? Do you know all of the troops in Iraq? It's possible that there are some troops that aren't honorable.

I trust the enlisted troops in Iraq however above the enlisted swine level (I earned the right to say that) than you have the infamous "chain of command" national security, classified info, need to know, bean counters, and General's, and officers who want to be be generals etc etc.

We have seen military coverup's over the last 30 years and afaik they started above the "enlisted swine level" .

R.I.P.

You don't really think the officers would handle the Sarin and Anthrax themselves, do you? That's what enlisted men are there for.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

>>You don't really think the officers would handle the Sarin and Anthrax themselves, do you? That's what enlisted men are there for. >>

The "chain of command" is a useful tool. The officers command and the shit flows downhill to the enlisted swine.

The chain of command is also useful on the way up the chain. Somehow the facts that the big boy's don't want to hear about, get "left out" in the summary, deleted, whatever before they get to the top.

Thats what the little officers are for. Chain of command = Food chain.

R.I.P.