jumperconway

GWB, Worst President?

The facts:

FDR led us into World War II. Germany never attacked us: Japan did. From 1941-1945, 450,000 lives were lost, an average of 112,500 per year.

Since this guy is so keen on facts, how come he doesn't know that Japan, a member of the Axis Powers, attacked the USA on 12/7/1941, and that Hitler declared war on the USA in a speech to the Reichstag less than a week later. The USA did NOT declare war on Germany.

I just love people whose version of history comes from watching TV and movies.

AMEN. About time someone set the facts straight. Also to the original post, Japan did declare war on us, the decleration was handed over after the attack on PH. Read up on some basic history before making such statements.

One of the funniest things about that "letter to the editor" was that this guy compares average yearly mortality rates, as if it matters to the families whose loved ones have been lost that "it was only 300 this year, that's not that bad". Not to mention the fact that the face of warfare, and particularly our own military has changed drastically since WWII. We can basically kick just about anybody's ass without ever putting a soldier on the ground.

Never go to a DZ strip show.

Most young Puppies now Days were not born early enough
to know what a Bad President is apparently.

Well, I was. I know how to recognize when a President is lying, I learned by watching Johnson and Nixon. I learned how to recognize a demagogue by watching McCarthy.

And that's how I knew to be very skeptical of all this administration's claims of WMDs in Iraq. The signs were all there to see for anyone that would look. You can't say I didn't warn y'all!

From one year ago:
www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=381915#381915

and

www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=386328#386328

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Bill made a great post. He pointed out things about the technologies already available. Why is the American public not buying?

Maybe because in a lot of cases industry is not offering.

You don't think evil corporations would sell if there was demand?

My wife is hotter than your wife.

We can basically kick just about anybody's ass without ever putting a soldier on the ground.

Basically doesn't cut it, Benny. If we COULD win a war without ever putting an American soldier on the ground, we would. Unfortunately wars require occupation. The only other way to "win", would be to literally flatten a country with bombs. Nobody wins in that scenario, nobody.

-
Jim
"Like" - The modern day comma
Good bye, my friends. You are missed.

>You don't think evil corporations would sell if there was demand?

Honda and Toyata seem to be selling their hybrids at a fairly nice pace. Where is Ford, Chevy or any domestic offering into this category? Ford was once quoted as saying its better for business not to put the money into hybrod research since SUV's have a higher profit margin.[:/]
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Ford was once quoted as saying its better for business not to put the money into hybrod research since SUV's have a higher profit margin.

Doesn't matter. If the demand existed, they would build them, and build them in droves.

-
Jim

The only other way to "win", would be to literally flatten a country with bombs. Nobody wins in that scenario, nobody.

-
Jim

Well, if Iraq was either a terrorist threat or a WMD threat, flattening the country with bombs would certainly take care of both those issues would it not?

No Benny, it would not. It would needlessly kill ALL of the innocent civilians. It would render the land uninhabitable for 10s of years. It would make the US as evil as I believe you think that it is.

Let me know when you've got a realistic plan to win a war without ground troops. I'd love to hear about it; I'm sure that the military planners would, too.

-
Jim

Johnson easily outranks Clinton. Maybe you don't remember...

I have to claim ignorance because I was just turning 3 months old when Johnson became President.

Wait a second, which President Johnson are you referring to?:P

Chris

No Benny, it would not. It would needlessly kill ALL of the innocent civilians. It would render the land uninhabitable for 10s of years. It would make the US as evil as I believe you think that it is.

Let me know when you've got a realistic plan to win a war without ground troops. I'd love to hear about it; I'm sure that the military planners would, too.

-
Jim

But the real answer to this question Jimbo lies in that fact that Iraq was neither a terrorist nor a WMD threat, so neither option (all out bombing or ground invasion) was necessary.

In modern economics you go for highest profit margin and generally ignore market demands. "You can have any color you want as long as its Black" Same goes for types of cars now days... you can have any Ford you want as long as its an SUV. Honda and Toyata have the most popular and best selling lines of vehicles in their classes anymore and the one thing both have in common is better fuel milage and better value for the $.

The market has been demanding higher fuel effeciceny since the early 90's but its more profitable to build something that only slightly improves the effeceny but also increases the power. Most consumers could care less about the difference between 205 HP and 220 HP but there is more money and time spent on that type of a change then from going from 28 mpg to 30 mpg.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Johnson easily outranks Clinton. Maybe you don't remember...

I have to claim ignorance because I was just turning 3 months old when Johnson became President.

Wait a second, which President Johnson are you referring to?:P

Chris

Not even I recall the first one, sonny!

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

But the real answer to this question Jimbo lies in that fact that Iraq was neither a terrorist nor a WMD threat, so neither option (all out bombing or ground invasion) was necessary.

I'll spare you the history lesson on Iraq, Benny. I believe that Michele took care of that a few weeks ago.

Now, back to the business at hand. I was addressing your statement that it would be possible to win a war without the use of ground troops. You've done nothing to persuade me that I am wrong, or that you are correct. Again, I ask you, do you have a workable plan for this?

-
Jim

I'll spare you the history lesson on Iraq, Benny. I believe that Michele took care of that a few weeks ago.

Now, back to the business at hand. I was addressing your statement that it would be possible to win a war without the use of ground troops. You've done nothing to persuade me that I am wrong, or that you are correct. Again, I ask you, do you have a workable plan for this?

-
Jim

History lesson on Iraq? What history lesson is that? The one of how we put Saddam Hussein in power? The one where we sold them WMD which he then used against his own people and Iran, but used them up so he no longer has them? The one where Al Quaeda actually hated Saddam? The one where Saddam had nothing to do with 9/11? What, do anything to link Saddam to a recent threat (i.e. within the past 6 years) to the United States with WMD or link them to 9/11 and I'll change my mind and wholeheartedly support the war.

Still waiting.

-
Jim

Still waiting.

-
Jim

Hmm, well, you saw my last post. But this really raises the question, what does it mean to win a war? Personally I don't know the answer to that, do you?

How about the war on terror started by Reagan in south america?

The threat then was the commie hordes were going to take over the U.S (what a joke) so the U.S ended up killing and torturing thousands of civilians mostly.

I'm afraid the U.S has lost any sympathy it had in the international community for the attacks on the WTC since deciding to persecute this "war".

In fact if the U.S wanted to stop a good deal of terrorism, they should start with themselves.