cvfd1399

Mexican Cornbread

Ok I have cooked this once before and looking to improve it tonight. This is what I use.
1 lb of beef
3 boxes of jiffy corn bread mix
2 cans sweet corn
1/2 pack mexican cheeze

What else do you put in yours?

Mexicans:D
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Ok I have cooked this once before and looking to improve it tonight. This is what I use.
1 lb of beef
3 boxes of jiffy corn bread mix
2 cans sweet corn
1/2 pack mexican cheeze

What else do you put in yours?

Mexicans:D

I could make a factory supply of it if that was the main ingredient. I have 213 Mex. In-laws just in this county.;) (I got stopped when making hobo stew from real hobos:$)
Yankee food. My Mother-in-Law is Donna Ortega and is Mex Indian. "Mexican Corn bread" is like Mex Pizza:S. (NOt an actual Mexican food:D)

Yankee food. My Mother-in-Law is Donna Ortega and is Mex Indian. "Mexican Corn bread" is like Mex Pizza. (NOt an actual Mexican food)

Isn't it funny how many people in this country(USA) have no idea what real mexican food is? I am from san diego so I know what is up but i have run into people that actually think that Taco Bell is mexican food. Even a lot of these "taco shops" around here aren't anything like what you get in Mexico. I guess it is just my perspective, but I still find it hard to believe.

Here's how we make it in Texas in my family. Bake it in a cast iron skillet. Coat Pan with bacon grease and put one layer of bacon strips in the bottom of the pan . Mix a half cup of finely chopped onions and one finely chopped Jalapano in with the batter. Pour in half the batter. Put in a 1/2 pound of browned hamburger and 1/2 pound of browned sausage mixed. Cover with a can of creamed corn (creamed is better!). Cover with grated sharp cheddar cheese and the rest of the batter. Bake until you can stick a knife in it and pull it out clean. Thats the best recipe I've tasted.

Cheers,

Chris
------------------------------------------------
Why get married? Just find a woman you hate and buy her a house.

2 cups corn meal
1/4 cup flour
1 egg
1/4 cup oil
small can of creamed corn
diced onion
diced bell pepper
lots of diced pickled jalopenos

Mix all the ingrediants together.
Pour half the mixture in the pan.
Get American Cheese and lay it over the cornbread mixture
Pour the other half of the mixture in the pan.
Bake at 350 or 400 until you can stick a toothpick in the center and it comes out dry and the top is golden

ENJOY