theplummeter

Will it fit?

I have an Infinity container that came with a Crossfire 149 and has been used with a Batwing 171 for some time now. I recently got to try out a Pilot 188 and absolutely loved the ride. I am wondering if the Pilot 188 in ZPx would fit in the Infinity container. I don't have the container here or I would post the specs.

My container was made for my Pilot 210ZPX (it fits great), and it is an I-66, so your size 4 would be 2 sizes smaller for one size smaller canopy, so it would be definitely be tighter than normal.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

The container is an I-34

According to their website, your container will hold up to a 170 sq ft main. A pilot 188 ZPX will pack like a 190, so I would say no, that wont fit.

Actually, the whole point of ZPX is that it packs smaller, so the X4 series will take a 170, the ZPX should make a 190 fit in there, but it WILL be snug. So, it should fit, by the claims of Aerodyne. The even easier way to get a good answer: contact Velocity Sports Equipment. They are WONDERFUL with their customer service.
Not again!

The container is an I-34

According to their website, your container will hold up to a 170 sq ft main. A pilot 188 ZPX will pack like a 190, so I would say no, that wont fit.

That's what I thought too, but velocity lists the container volume at 384 cubic inches, and if Aerodyne's website is correct a Pilot 188 ZPx should have a total packed volume of 365. (I derived that number by taking the volume of a Pilot 188 in ZP and subtracting 17%).

I realize that in any case it would be a tight fit, I was just wondering if anyone had done it.

Actually, the whole point of ZPX is that it packs smaller.

I realize this, but from my experience, Pilots tend to pack about 1 size larger than the published numbers. I have found that non-zpx pilots pack 1 size larger compared to sabre, safire, fusion canopies. The ZPX fabric brings them back in line with everybody else.

I-34: Sabre2 170, Safire2 169, Fusion 175, Pilot 150, Pilot (ZPX) 168.

Never trust published volume numbers. Ever. Your mileage may vary, but if you dont want to take my advice, I would try packing a demo canopy into the container before spending your money and being stuck with it. Good Luck.