SkydiveMonkey

ebay / retracting paypal payment?

If there was an option on the bid page to pay by paypal, then it's his fault for choosing that payment option and it's his loss if he doesn't take your paypal. If there wasn't an option, then yeah, I would try to find other payment arrangements.

However, some ebayers do take paypal by form of Instant Transfer or some other term, but they do not take credit card payments. Are you paying by instant transfer or credit card ? Again, this should be stated on the bid page under "payment options."

Butthead: Whoa! Burritos for breakfast!
Beavis: Yeah! Yeah! Cool!
bellyflier on the dz.com hybrid record jump

However, some ebayers do take paypal by form of Instant Transfer or some other term, but they do not take credit card payments. Are you paying by instant transfer or credit card ? Again, this should be stated on the bid page under "payment options."

Yeah, what he said. He probably doesn't have the ability to take credit cards as you have to upgrade your paypal account to be able to.

Blues,
Nathan
Blues,
Nathan

If you wait 'til the last minute, it'll only take a minute.

It costs a percentage more to take paypal via credit card for the seller.

I offer both methods, cause in the end I think I'll have more sales.

Screw him if he doesn't want to offer credit card payments. Instant payments are more profitable, but a sale is more profitable than no sale, eh?

It is his worry. He needs to set up paypal since he listed it already. You can also cancel the deal and because he refused to accept your payment. I have a small amout in my paypal account that I can not figure how to send back to my bank. So no help from me there.
Bottomless Beers and Blue Skies!

* Brother_Brian *
D.S.W.F.S.B. #2

thats because he hasn't upgraded his account to a "premium" account. Tell him he's an arse cos its free - all you have to do it click on "upgrade my account" then he will be able to accept a credit card transaction (he'll be charged 2.9% though so if you want to stop him whinning you may want to add 2.9% to what you pay out. (Id say thats his problem though for not being able to use paypal right).

thats because he hasn't upgraded his account to a "premium" account. Tell him he's an arse cos its free - all you have to do it click on "upgrade my account" then he will be able to accept a credit card transaction (he'll be charged 2.9% though so if you want to stop him whinning you may want to add 2.9% to what you pay out. (Id say thats his problem though for not being able to use paypal right).

Yea, what he said.

As an aside (ya listening Deuce?) after I upgraded, I made sure to get the PayPal debit card.

Do NOT use this to withdraw cash. The fees are typical (they suck).

What I do use this card for though, is basically every big ticket purchase I'm going to make anyway. My TRV. My gas (heat) bill. The electric bill. My house tax payments.

Why? Well, since I'm going to pay anyway, I transfer the funds to PayPal, pay with the card, and get 1.5% back. Basically, if I can use the card in a setting that does not require using my pin, I get a partial rebate.

Hey, I'm paying those bills anyway, why not get some back? :)
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1