souleh

Mmmmm, sponge cake!

Okay, so I've had a few beers. Let's not dwell on that part. So, I decide I'm rather hungry, and apparently want something sweet. Aha! Pancakes! They're easy to cook! Following my stomach downstairs to the kitchen, I dig out the ingredients. Eggs, milk, water.. flour. Bugger, no flour.

<*rifles through recipie book*>

Parsnips.. quails eggs, roulade.. aha. Sponge. That can't be hard. Just gotta beat it well and get lots of air bubbles, right?

<*Out comes whisk*>

Note by this stage, I've found the plain flour. Great!

1. Break 3 eggs into a bowl and whisk in 75 grams of caster sugar until the mixture retains rough shape. Okay, <*mad whisking*>. Hmm, no shape.. damn. [10 minutes later].. Sod it, this will have to do. Surely if it took longer than this nobody would cook the bloody things anyway, right?

2. Fold in 75 grams of sieved flour. Piece of cake. Ahahaha. Quite. Anyway, <*shake shake*> done.

3. Put equal amounts of mixture into two 7" round tins, bake for 10-15 mins at 180 degress C in fan oven.

Right, cant be hard, eh? In to the oven it goes.
Another beer, and 15 minutes later, out it comes. Ohhhhh dear. See attached photo. Note the stella bottle is there to give you an idea of scale :P

Well, when I started cooking sponge cake, I didnt expect it to literally taste like a sponge. Pancake-style.. perhaps I got the best of both worlds?

What went wrong?!?!!? My conclusion from this scientific (read: alcoholic) experiment is that drunk people can't cook sponge cakes! Help!
:$:S:):D

'buttplugs? where?' - geno