buckleme

Where to buy a wind blade??

along those lines, I know of a DZ that doesn't have a wind sock. Where might they [I?] find one of those?

also, do you think an airblade is better for determining wind direction under canopy, or the classic wind sock?

Are they mostly advertising and decoration?
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

Anybody know of a place to purchase a windblade? My college skydiving club wants to buy one or two. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Mary
Miami University Parachute "Dropouts"

check with the kite loft in ocean city, md. 80 bucks will get you a 16 foot blade and 4 piece fiberglass pole.

along those lines, I know of a DZ that doesn't have a wind sock. Where might they [I?] find one of those?

also, do you think an airblade is better for determining wind direction under canopy, or the classic wind sock?

Are they mostly advertising and decoration?

The larger blades with a decent size tail can be a decent wind indicator....and they are a good form of advertising.

See this link to get a feel for what I mean:

http://www.swoopthis.com/id2.htm

Is that the one right off the beach at like 10th street? I was in there last summer, and they have some cool toys! DIdn't know they had something so close to an air blade. That's almost a stand in. Just get a big strip of medium wieght dayglow orange fabric, and bingo!
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

Dude, didn't know you kept that site. I love that site. I just posted the clickies in another thread. Here they are again, clickies are to the actual windblade pages, not just the homepages.

Edited to fix the clickies

Blues,
Nathan
Blues,
Nathan

If you wait 'til the last minute, it'll only take a minute.

PM Dave Billings, dsbbreck, he made me a custom one for WFFC. He does really good work. Plus, if you have him do it, there is no worries about getting the windblade, since you can track him down here.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Dude, didn't know you kept that site. I love that site.

It's funny because 'The Hat' is used over on Ground-Rush.com too and people sometimes just don't put it together. If you want current events and chat, come to Dropzone.com. If you're looking for the yellow pages of all things skydiving, go to Ground-Rush.com
-----
~~~Michael