skydiver30960

Anybody ever seen branding?

New thread so I don't hijack the one about the dude getting new ink. I've been thinking about getting inked and am finally settling down on a design but then last night I'm watching Discovery channel (my only source of education nowadays) and they showed a dude getting BRANDED. It was the first I'd ever seen of this. It looked pretty cool, just like tattooing but instead of a needle they used one of those cauterizing (sp) tools they use in surgery. The result is raised scar tissue that is just a couple shades off from your regular skin color. Plus, it's raised to you can feel it as well as see it.

Seemed pretty cool... I've never seen this on anyone at the DZ or boogies, but that may be just because it's a bit harder to see since the color isn't so noticeable. Has anyone ever had it done or know someone who has? Feedback?

Elvisio

I've seen it, but it was on folks in a worthless frat putting with their frat letters. I thougth it was the dumbest thing I had seen from a frat boy so far.

Atleast with a tat, in the future, you can get another tat to cover it.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

give me a month or two bud...thats what im thinkn about for the other side or my body ..same work just in branding ...be ready for pain bud it scars for a reason....tat is way less extreme in the pain department....oh and thanks for not hyjackin mine ...;)

i used to do alot of things ....skydiving wont be one of them :)

I know what you're talking about, they just had lame designs, it was the same thing, though.

ive seen alot of them ...lame designs ...lol heck i had a flamin football on my arm at 16 but thats long gone......

as far as the branding i have a test spot done when i got my ink ...two needles worth of branding just to fell it out...and personally my neck tat hurt less

i used to do alot of things ....skydiving wont be one of them :)

The reason most people get lame designs it the cost goes up for every curve. A straight line is one piece. A curve is a lot of work.

I've been told it doesn't hurt that bad. You can't feel most of it. But you smell like hamburger while they do it. :P
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

One of the guys I play softball with has one of those, in a small starburst shape, on his chest. He said it didn't hurt too much.

I guess I don't see the attraction......it just looked like a big 'ol warble to me.

Don
"When in doubt I whip it out,
I got me a rock-and-roll band.
It's a free-for-all."