chris_jones1

SkyDive Atlanta

Well I talked to Trey and we worked it out. He offered me a raincheck to jump anytime but I declined that so he offered me my money back minus $75 per person for a non refundable fee. I accepted this and everything is set in motion. Thanks everyone for your help.

Chris

Lesson learned: a lot of places ( Gov't , private, relationships) have "NO" people (a-whole's whatever you want to call them)

The reasons for this type of attitude vary:o

If the No answer isn't acceptable just got to find another way to get the job done.

I think your method was cost effective and well worth the effort. Small claims court would have taken up more of you time.

Attaboy:)
R.I.P.

Your profile says you are an insurance broker - are you an insurance broker for Skydive Atlanta?

are we paranoid?;)

j/k

dont listen to the mean peaple....

I thought you weren't going to read this thread. If you read my next response to her I think you will understand. :)
Edit: You know, this is something that I have never understood about this business. If a person shows up, pays their money, is willing to jump but can't for resons that are out of their control and can't come back another day, why not give them their money back? I mean, I understand that profit margins are very low but where is the profit in screwing people over? I just don't get it.

"Don't! Get! Eliminated!"

Your profile says you are an insurance broker - are you an insurance broker for Skydive Atlanta?

are we paranoid?;)

j/k

dont listen to the mean peaple....

Of course Kelly's paranoid, it's her natural state;)

Never go to a DZ strip show.

Edit: You know, this is something that I have never understood about this business. If a person shows up, pays their money, is willing to jump but can't for resons that are out of their control and can't come back another day, why not give them their money back? I mean, I understand that profit margins are very low but where is the profit in screwing people over? I just don't get it.

Lets see, the DZ has to pay the TM or AFF instructor for teaching the class, they have to deal with the credit card fees that it cost them to run the cards, etc.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

In defense of my home DZ ASC.... It clearly states NO REFUNDS... period. What part of no refunds do people not understand. The DZ can not be responsible for weather or wind. They also to have to manage number of appointments.

So do you still think this is a respectable way to treat a customer? Credit card fees are typical overhead, paying a tandem master to teach a class? I want to work there. This is bad business, skydiving the first time is a memory you will nevor forget, unfortunately this guy has a memory he will nevor forget of not skydiving. Ripping people off in this manner is bad form, I for one will never give that dz a dollar of my money now. We cant choose how people do business but we can choose who we do business with.

Hopefully, the owner or responsable individuals, will remedy the situation, but paying almost $800 for bad weather is rediculous, and taking the money is even more rediculous.

Ray
Small and fast what every girl dreams of!

If the weather is bad and you can't fly then you don't have any of those costs. I am not talking about AFF but rather tandems. Not IAF students either but people that are doing it for fun and only doing it once. There is no cost for training them. And once you piss them off they are never going to come back and they will tell all their friends what the dz did to them. IMHU it will have to catch up with you eventually.

Hi Nutz

Sometimes it not the DZ :) it's the person working behind the desk using "poor judgement" having a bad day whatever you want to call it.:S

Maybe he/she will get some retraining in customer service, and a spanking.

Gotta love DZ.com. Better than the BBBB|:P

R.I.P.

Actually, I believe that was suppossed to be taken as some sort of threat. I think I have successfully burned my bridges there. (Where marks works.) B|

why would i threaten you or anyone else for that matter.... does where i work make who i am.... i didnt know that.....geese....

i dont work for asc.... i havent worked for them in about a year... i work in skydive atlanta when they need me.. i also will probably be working at the farm when it starts up... when they need me... and if asc needs me then i will work there also....

in no way did i mean or try to imply that i was threatening you.... and if you think any different then you are paranoid./...... and by the way... we have met so i thought you knew who and how i was.... but anyways no hard feelings....

later..

Mark

p.s. the only reason i said anything about being paranoid.. is because they said they were an insurance broker.. and then you asked if they were an insurance broker for skydive atl.

the thought popped in my head that if they said they were a mechanic. or a nurse or somthing.. is that you would have aksed them if they were working for skydive atlanta..... so i thought it was funny...

also skydive atlanta and asc are two very different places...

Sometimes you say things without really thinking them through. I saw the j/k didn't think it was a very funny joke. Maybe I am paranoid, anyway, I apologize. Welcome to the Nutz school of how to win friends and influence people.