Psychonaut

Swoop shorts

----------------------------------------------------------
Only in skydiving is it considered "not strange", actually even cool by some, for a man to wear capri pants.
-------------------------------------------------------

Before they got the name Capri they were called"Pedal Pushers"

Whenever you see my son wearing his, please tell him "nice pedal pushers".

He so loves it when people do that.
Be the canopy pilot you want that other guy to be.

Skyshop makes some http://www.skyshop.se/swoopbyxor-descr.html that were a bit cheaper than most others I've seen. They've got cordura on the knees, behind and there's some tailbone protection in them as well. One can order them full length with either velcro or some elastics to keep them down or one can get them in capri style. One can also choose slim, normal or loose fit.

Mine are the full length, slim version with velcro and they are quite warm, which I don't mind here in sweden in the autumn nor early spring.

Not sure if at the time being I'd want to lean more protection and sacrifice comfort and fit. MX pants I've had in the past are thick, not comfy, bulky even with the pads taken out..

Really? Mine are Fox's and they are super comfortable and have lasted me nearly a decade. I paid $35 for them on the "sale" rack at a motorcycle shop on Mesa, just off the Elsinore DZ prior to the 2001 Para Performance Pro Blade meet.

I have some other "Man Pris" as well, but they are not nearly as tough as my MX pants.

Really? Mine are Fox's and they are super comfortable and have lasted me nearly a decade. I paid $35 for them on the "sale" rack at a motorcycle shop on Mesa, just off the Elsinore DZ prior to the 2001 Para Performance Pro Blade meet.

O'Neals are the brand choice for me, because the '08 version was camo and black. Anyways, they're $25 apiece, but I tend to blow at least one pair up a year...then again, I'm very hard on gear.

Baggy MX pants (over the boot style) make really good tandem pants for TI work as well.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

O'Neals are the brand choice for me, because the '08 version was camo and black. Anyways, they're $25 apiece, but I tend to blow at least one pair up a year...then again, I'm very hard on gear.

Baggy MX pants (over the boot style) make really good tandem pants for TI work as well.

Dave, could you provide a link or two as an example?

I looked at some pants including some with zippers to remove the lower leg portion but I wasn't really sure what to look for. Most all had protection on the inside of the leg for heat but were not on bikes. I would think some sort of padding on the outer thigh and seat and reinforced knees would be the thing to look for. But I know zip about it.

Sure, the in the boot design is what I like for swooping, something like this:

http://www.amazon.com/ONeal-Racing-Element-Motocross-Motorcycle/dp/B00369HQMC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=automotive&qid=1283035649&sr=8-1

Over the boot style is what I wear with a t-shirt for tandems:

http://www.amazon.com/Shift-Recon-Pants-2009-White/dp/B003C19OS8/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=miscellaneous&qid=1283035724&sr=8-2

Sure it has exhaust heat protection that we don't need, but it still works like a champ and are super durable (and can be found on the cheap).
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."