jrjny

L & B Solo - how to know it's on

I have this:

http://www.dropzone.com/gear/Detailed/562.html

L-&-B Solo audible altimeter

I have altitudes set for 4k, and 2 others (lower obviously)

Before I go up, I turn it on, it cycles through the warning altitudes then the button rests on off (lit up) and I do nothing.

It chirps at 1k on the way up and beeps at 4k while I'm waving off...however, it doesn't beep at the other altitudes (3 and 2 I think).

Any tips? Maybe I'm not turning it on properly? I have read the instructions leaflet 5x.

Jeff

if the settings are too close together one sometimes may skip.

for example if i set one at 5k and other at 4.5k chances are second one at 4.5 will skip quite often.

also you know it is on by pressing the center button which will beep and blink.
if it is not turned on just simply pressing the center button once won't do anything.
Bernie Sanders for President 2016

The second alarm on mine occasionally goes of under canopy. Never heard it when I was on student gear, almost always hear it under higher wing loadings.

Freaked me the !@#$ out the first time I heard it under canopy, thought there must have been something wrong with my canopy.

Now I set it to break-off and pull altitudes instead, works much better, hope to never hear the third alarm.

when on the blue ready light blinks occasionally, if it beeps at you at 1000' it's ready to go.