encinoadam

Uh oh... haven't jumped in FOUR months...

Here is the situation... I have 261 jumps over a 2 1/2 year time period. For a variety of reasons, I haven't jumped in four months. I jump a Spectre 150 with a wing loading of about 1.2 (usually birdman jumps). I'm planning on jumping this weekend. Any brilliant advice?

ac

yeah, get your reserve repacked before you get to the DZ. :P I made that mistake at my last boogie.

other than that, have fun.

[I mean what the hell would I know, I have like 100 jumps, was uncurrent for about that long beofre the Mardi Gras Boogie, ....and I'm going to stop now before no one wants to listen to me ever again]
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

I just went 4 months without jumping. I have 392 over 4 years now. I reviewed the jump OVER AND OVER AND OVER some more. Visualizing everything from boarding the aircraft to gear check in the plane. Free fall including alti checks, tracking, deployment, canopy flight, and landing. Of course I mentally ran through emergency procedures several times. Wouldn't have hurt to get in a harness. It went fine.......even flew on my head a little and then docked in a sit. It's the first clip of my Mardi Gras Boogie vid. Just make sure you think SAFETY SAFETY SAFETY and be aware that it isn't normally the FIRST one back that gets you. it's 3-5 jumps back into it when you think you are the SCHZNITZ again is where you'll get killed. ;)

I thought jumping without the wingsuit would be a good idea... at least for the first jump or two.

Um, I AM a coach. Should I jump with myself or ANOTHER coach??

Here's the plan.

1. Take me out for chinese friday night.
2. Go skydiving
3. Have fun.
4. Be safe.
5. Smile a lot, and reconnect with the blue blue blue sky.

Awright, just do 2-5, but still...

Drill your ep's a whole lot, grab Smitty, and go.

And then come back and tell me what it's like. I still have at least a week before I can get back into the sky, so I'm depending on you to tell me all about it.

Deal??

And....

Welcome back.

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

You'll do fine if you have that many previous jumps. You may be a little rusty though. I no nothing about birdman jumps, because I've never made one, but it might be wise to get current again before doing anything too difficult.

It's been about that long since I've jumped also. It's the shits living in a cold climate. Can't wait to get in the air again....Steve1

Dammit. Michele... you must think I'm an asshole. I just read this now. Due to circumstances beyond my control, I haven't had access to my computer for a week (see attached, and no, that ain't me in the pic).

There is nothing fun nor funny about 400 gallons of water. There are bright sides to this. My gear didn't get wet.

And yet, there are some not so bright sides. Anyone know how to battle a slumlord that refuses to fix anything?

And back to Chinese food, Michele. How about THIS Friday??

ac

Hi, my friend. I don't think you're an ass***e at all. You're too cute to be an ass***e. And I'm guessing you didn't get to jump, either....

Anyone know how to battle a slumlord that refuses to fix anything?

Yep. How about we talk about it over some Twinkle Shrimp or Orange Chicken? Maybe some jerk Lexus driver will get in our way, too. LOL!!!

PM me your number, and we'll talk tomorrow, and see if Chinese - or maybe Italian - would be good.

Sorry you're dealing with this. There are ways to address it, never fear.

Ciels-
Michele

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~