quade

So, how do we feel about this story?

I vote that there is so much misinformation going on, that it is practicaly impossible to discern who is telling the truth. Therefore, I just dont pay attention to any of it. Everyone has alterier (sp) motives...at least thats how everyone ought to be looked at...because most do.[:/]

Yes, I suppose more than half the idiots in the country think that way, if their opinions correspond to the general population. I suppose what's interesting is that the "idiot" in this case served in a sensitive intelligence position for a few years at the president's leisure. And another "idiot" appointed as Treasury Secretary recently voiced similar statements. Perhaps that's the "compassionate" conservative thing at play - hire idiots for extremely sensitive positions because you feel sorry for them?

And some of it matches up with what Gen W. Clark said in his book.

Makes you wonder why Bush and Cheney refuse to go in front of the 9/11 panel. Last I heard they granted an hour each via phone per GW's orders.

Eh, I'm sure there will be spin on this - liberal press, blah blah blah....Geez. I'm tired of all this election bs already.

Funny thing - all of us on here that will argue over this, already know who we are voting for - so why bother fight over this. We know most GW supporters won't budge - and those of us that realize what he has done to our country and world will stand upon this as the truth to behold.

Interesting timing for this book release. One wonders why ANYONE who wrote a memo on 24 Jan 2001 about an impending Al Quaeda attack wouldn't have stepped forward in an extremely loud manner prior to March '04.

Despite all of Bush's many many faults, the other option is just unpalatable in all regards.
Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

One wonders why ANYONE who wrote a memo on 24 Jan 2001 about an impending Al Quaeda attack wouldn't have stepped forward in an extremely loud manner prior to March '04.

I tried to get someone.....ANYONE to pay attention to the fact that "As radical as they come" Islamic Fundamentalists were raising money in the US. In fact....they were putting money in a bank in Clackamus, OR. I even gave out the account number. Of course.....I didn't work for the govt then so no one listened. After 9/11 I finally got the FBI to listen. They took action in less than a week. Before 9/11 they did nothing for months. I think there was a general malaise about terrorism in most people in this country. I don't think it was JUST one or two people. If the American people want to blame someone.....they might want to look in the mirror first. One other thing.....if this guy was head of counter terrorism why the hell didn't HE do something. He sounds like he had NO autonomous thought. Just did whatever Bush told him to do directly....and NOTHING else. :S

Is he a guy out to sell some books or . . . is it possible that everything he's saying is true?

I can't wait to see the final September 11 report.

LINK

Uno mas

LINK #2

I find it interesting that the so-called conservatives on this board are willing to believe things about Kerry's service record said 30 years later by people who weren't actually there when he was awarded his medals, but dismiss criticisms of Bush stated by people who WERE there just two years ago.

Could it be a double standard at work here?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Despite all of Bush's many many faults, the other option is just unpalatable in all regards.

Yep.
I'm sure there's an assassin out there somewhere that's thinking
"I could do it, but then Cheney steps up to the plate. Yikes!"
-Josh
If you have time to panic, you have time to do something more productive. -Me*
*Ron has accused me of plagiarizing this quote. He attributes it to Douglas Adams.