blindfreddy

NEOS pack volume

Blind – I talked to Angela at Icarus US about very same subject. Icarus US didn’t have the info nor did the manufacture in Spain. I noticed my Neos 109 packs Significantly larger than my XF2 119. I put the Neos 109 closer to the pack volume of XF2 129 (slightly less). I recognize the center xbracing adds volume and the “newness” factor, but DAMN, it packs big. Guess it’s that bed sheet sized slider (I installed a Para-Concepts removable slider B|)

How are you liking your Neos?

Don't be sexist… Broads hate that.

Well thats interesting " a manufacturer that doesn't know or maybe care how big there canopies are'? Thanks for the size estimates, not flying one yet,looking at downsizing from Katana 120 & fitting it in a Icon I3.Hows the openings on yours & what windload you at? Is it a good slider system?

I got this reply from Spain few months ago.

"The packing volume of a Neos 104 is just a bit lower than that of a Crossfire 109"

I bought Neos 99 and it fits OK into my Mirage MX.

So... then... it packs up nearly the same? But then the MX will take an Xaos 98 @ optimal sizing so it must pack up nearer that dont you think?

My estimation is that 104 has slightly smaller packing volume than 120 Katana. My MX used to have 107 Stiletto in it and Neos packs almost the same. Difference between 99 and 104 is only 5sqft so I don't think that'll make so much difference.

Hope this helps.

Apparently according to UPT the NEOS packs similar to that of a PD Velo

http://www.unitedparachutetechnologies.com/PDF/CHART_00037___Rig_Sizing_Chart_11_28_58(1).pdf
For info regarding lift ticket prices all around the world check out
http://www.jumpticketprices.com/dropzones.asp

they pack slightly bigger sized than same sized x-fire or katana, the x-bracing in the center are almost non-noticeable due to less fabric for the stabilizer.

and they DO NOT pack big as a full-crossbrace.

they pack about 5 percent bigger in my opinion.
Bernie Sanders for President 2016

Couple months have passed did you end up demoing/purchasing the Neos? If so what is your opinion on how it packs compared to a katana or x-fire?

Just contacted the company and apparently the Neo 94 packs similar to that of a crossfire 109 and apparently has better openings. So to answer everyone's questions they pack slightly larger 2 sizes.

One thing that baffles me is since I refer to the UPT website for sizing frequently (since i have a V3) is that for certain containers they have the neos sizing spot on, but others are slightly off? I suppose it's due to the shape of the rig as they fill/distribute fabric differently?

Yes… I believe I mentioned the two sizes up difference in earlier post. My 109 Neos packs up nearly as large as a Xfire 129. I’ve had my Neos for a few months now and I’ve got to say… the opening are SPANKING the shit out of me and everyone else I let test drive it. Even with the Para-Concepts removable slider (which is slightly larger and domed), it still opens FAST (too fast!). I’ll tinker with it a little longer, and if it doesn’t improve I’ll have to contact Angela (Icarus) and have her experts get involved. We’ve tried just about every packing variable we can think of except Psycho Packing (don’t know if that’s remotely recommended for a Neos… anyone?).

So, now we’ve pretty much closed the door on Neos packing volume… What are your openings like? Mine are NOTHING like my Xfires, nor like the Neos I demo’ed (for 32 jumps)… far faster and harder. Any packing nuances you’re using as compared to the Xfire? BTW: I load my Neos just over 1.8 +/-
Don't be sexist… Broads hate that.

i haven't bought one yet for 2 main reasons;1- I'm hearing 50/50 reports on the openings really nice versus tearing a new one & the second thing is that i've contacted a few dealers & no one wants to give me a price or return e-mails.I'm in australia & it must be all too hard. what i'm aiming for is a 104 loaded @ 2.2 so i want it to have nice openings

It's not just you and being in Austrailia, but I'm beginning to think that it is the company itself. I called for a potential crossfire demo and also asked about info regarding the Neos. Let me just say that I called twice 2 hrs apart during office hours and rang until I got voicemail both times. I finally called the 3rd time and finally reached someone. As I was asking about demoing a crossfire I began asking about the Neos regarding the pack volume "the rep clearly stated he had no clue and put me on hold for another 5min or so" after that I was inquiring the flight characteristics further more than what the website states and again he had to put me on hold and transfer me to a rigger there.
I am just so intrigued as to how people within the company do not know their own product that they represent?:S

I am just so intrigued as to how people within the company do not know their own product that they represent?:S

Maybe he is new at work :D

Anyway, buddy of mine got himself a new Neos couple of weeks ago, and it`s killing him at about 50% of the openings. I don`t know if he is trying different packing methods. He had a crossfire before and no problems.
dudeist skydiver #42