DoubleDogDareMe

Eyeware: Pros and Cons

What everyone else has said about eye contact... plus another thing to think about with sunglasses is that even if you decide they're right for you, be sure that you have another option (clear goggles or a full-face with a clear face shield) for lower-light conditions. I wore tinted goggles on a sunset load ... once. :D Seeing other canopies (particularly darker colors) can be tough at sunset - don't make it worse with tinted lenses.

I have a very high presription. and jump a pair of wrtp type sunglasses.
My glasses have "photochromatic" lenses that get dark in sunlight but stay clar in shade or around sunset.

I too have had issues when a last light load turned into a near night jump.

Last Friday i ordered a new pair of glasses, they are from a comapny called The Rudy Project, style; Horus

I wear them because i dont like the available scripted goggles (like Sport_Rx) or wearing over goggles on regular glassess
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I wear clear goggles (Flex-Z) or none at all. I mainly fly RW and have no problem seeing without goggles when turning points or tracking. I find I do get eye burn when on a long swoop but that is the only time.

I did the entire 2008 nationals without goggles.
John
Arizona Hiking Trails

If you choose to wear sunglasses for any jumping beware that polarized lenses can make it hard to read LCD screens in some orientations. If I wear my sunglasses my N3 altimeter screen can be hard to read depending on the degree of rotation between the two.

To test this put on your sunglasses, put the LCD screen in front of you and rotate it (like the movement of the hands if a clock) if you note that the screen becomes dark and unreadable.... You have a problem. Not being able to read your altimeter at any angle is a bad thing.
The choices we make have consequences, for us & for others!

I wear clear goggles (Flex-Z) or none at all. I mainly fly RW and have no problem seeing without goggles when turning points or tracking. I find I do get eye burn when on a long swoop but that is the only time.

I did the entire 2008 nationals without goggles.

Not wearing eye protection was discussed here:
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3483899#3483899
A pretty good argument for wearing them, I thought.
But what do I know?