Hummusx

Cars on ebay

Anyone ever purchased a car on ebay? Love to hear your thoughts/experiences. Thanks!

Friend in FL did. Car was local so he was able to check it out before he bought. He's had it for over a year now without issues. As with everything, check it out before you buy it. the more expensive it is, the more I want to put my hands on it before I spend the money.
-----
~~~Michael

I don't care where the thing is advertised I'm not gonna spend a lot on it unless I can see it before I buy it.

It might be a magazeen, newspaper, internet, or E-bay... same principal.

I'm looking for a car on e-bay at the moment as they go stupidly cheap on it over here. Still would never buy without seeing though.

Once you've had the opportunity to see it, it doesn't exactly matter if it's ebay or not - you're in exactly the same situtation, except with e-bay at least you stand a chance of getting SOME of your money back if they somehow manage to rip you off.

I've been in the car biz for over 20 years. You can get a good deal on an e-baymobile if you do it correctly.

1. Look at the feedback on the seller's. Find out what others have to say about them. This is critical. If someone really wants to be successful selling on e-bay they will pay particular attention to their feedback ratings.

2. Many come with a warranty. I wouldn't even consider a purchase like that if it wasn't warranteed.

3. Buy from a dealer...you have much more recourse if the vehicle isn't what they said it would be. I wouldn't touch an e-baymobile from a private owner unless I could see if first.

4. I've alwyas felt that an e-baymobile should be something you can't find on every corner. No need to take chances on a Taurus off of e-bay when the dealer down the street has 10 in stock.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

Anyone ever purchased a car on ebay? Love to hear your thoughts/experiences. Thanks!

Got my Mercedes SLK230 Kompressor off eBay. No problems at all and about $5K under book.

I made sure to go look at it and drive it before I handed over the cash though.