FliegendeWolf

Attention Michigan Skydivers

Current Conditions:

UV Index:
4 Low Dew Point: 51°F Humidity: 48% Visibility: Unlimited miles Pressure: 30.17 inches and rising Wind: From the North Northeast at 8 mph As reported at Tampa Intl. Arpt., FL Last Updated Friday, October 18, 2002, at 10:53 AM Eastern Daylight Time.
Know what you mean, it's 72deg here today. Oh well, winter is upon us. ;)

Hiya!
Between this weekend and next I'm gonna be checking out different DZs to switch training to: Possibly Great Lakes or Napolean. What's Tecumseh DZ like? Let's hope that this cold front moves on outta-here...and we get really nice extended Autumn and another milder winter here!

I like Napoleon a lot. Cool people, mellow atmosphere...

If you can get use to the seasonal "god squad" seasonal attitude Napolean is great..

But Tecumseh has a younger, mellower, less judgemental crowd.. Not to mention an OTTER..

The thing I like about Napolean is the landing area, but I will sacrifice that for not dealing with attitudes..

Rhino

Actually, I do intend to check out Tecumseh once I'm fully A'd. I don't think that I'm ready to switch DZs while I'm still being trained. (Although I may need the services of a rigger over there. I've been waiting for a week now for the escrow service to cash my check so that the rig I'm looking at can be shipped. My rigger is leaving for GA on Monday, so it's not looking like he's going to get a chance to see it.)
A One that Isn't Cold is Scarcely a One at All

Tecumseh is the BOMB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have everything and anything you could want at Tecumseh. Otter, full time rigging, rental gear, gear store, RW coaching, freefly coaching, canopy coaching, good vibes and parties. Drop by whenever.

learn to fly in 3d

Is that "Mein Bratwurst hat einen zweiten Namen"?

Q. What's the difference between your baloney and "Jeffrey Dahmer" - brand baloney?

A. His has a first name.B|

"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

Hey, I have been at Great Lakes since aug 2001. I love it there. People are great. The DZO is awesome. good prices and nice setup!
Come check it out!

About the weather this weekend? Yeah, it can suck my ass. Is that good enough vibes?? OH, I mean, pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee, leeeet it be niiiiiicccccceeeeee! It was hailing in Grand Rapids yesterday. >:(>:(>:(>:(

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The mind is like a parachute--it works better when it is open. JUMP.
MaryRose

Help! I feel like I'm lost in DZ LaLa-Land trying to figure out Dropzones all by myself - basically just going on intuition, vibes, atmosphere. I really need in-put from others!
Saturday: I got copies of AFP jumps I've made in one DZ, checked out Gobles where I bought a logbook (yeah, finally!) and then drove way down *sigh* to check out the potential at Napolean - Hmmm, really got some weird? vibes there, but can't tell ya exactly why?!
I had gone to Napolean BECAUSE I thought one of my JMs was doing some AFF training THERE w/some students I had been in ground school with at a different DZ. WRONG! My mistake, he's working out of Skydive Michigan in Marshall, Michigan.
What's the Marshall DZ like? Anybody jump there wanna tell me about it? I live about an hour north of Grand Rapids.

There probably wasn't anyone out at Gobles on Saturday, was there? You probably met Mary though. She is an awesome lady (and our manifest). As far as Marshall? I don't know much. I hear many contrasting opinions, so I, too, will have to check it out.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The mind is like a parachute--it works better when it is open. JUMP.
MaryRose

Hi, SKyrose!
Yeah, it was Mary who sold me my much sought out logbook! Yeah, it seems like a very small and personable DZ - COOL too to have that Plane INSIDE the house part of the DZ!! How did they get it in there? Or did they build around it?!
P.S. How much land is there to the landing area? I couldn't tell where the DZ started/stopped from the surrounding farm land.
Thanx! I'm sure that I'll see ya around sometime. :)

Saturday: I got copies of AFP jumps I've made in one DZ, checked out
Gobles where I bought a logbook (yeah, finally!) and then drove
way down *sigh* to check out the potential at Napolean - Hmmm,
really got some weird? vibes there, but can't tell ya exactly why?!

Well, I'd trust your gut. There's a lot at stake when you throw yourself out of a plane so that I would want to be comfortable where I was. The vibe may also have been irritation with the weather. As I understand it (I went down yesterday), there were a whole slew of tandems, no students could jump, and many of the fun jumpers weren't there all weekend. Anyway, did you stay late enough to see the pumpkin drop?
A One that Isn't Cold is Scarcely a One at All