jtval

for those who quit smoking

I have only smoked 4 times since monday morning, well including monday morning. Just because someone said something to me and it got me questioning if I can quit any time I want......AND THIS SUCKS!! I just want to make it thru the week.

"Sacrifice is a part of life. It is supposed to be. It's not something you regret . It's something to aspire to." Mitch Albom

I quit last September, I've have had a few relapses. I smoked a bit on the weekends in the fall, but have stuck to it since then. I did try one cigarette early this spring, but couldn't finish it. Apart from that one I didn't finish, I haven't smoked since christmas

I can't even remember the last time I had a craving...

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

Of tobacco since 1/3 -03.

Not smoking but the swedish kind witch is a mix of lye, glass and finely grind tobacco. First is carves your lip up and then it goes straight into your bloodstream, i e it has to physically hurt you to work. The kick from cigarettes are nothing compared to that, it's evil stuff >:(.

First 3 days of (long weekend) ment going to the gym 10+ times and I don't even want to try to describe my modeswings.........

Took about a month to become "normal" and now it's just one more month at a time.

/M

If you search my post you will see skymama owes me a case

Haha, I don't remember that but if you're still smoke-free if we ever meet up, you'll certainly get your case. B|
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Similar for me :S Stopped March 2000 after approx 11 years - and knew it was the best thing I did, and then stupidly started again about April this year..... [:/] Finding it much harder this time to get my head around quiting. I know I know, I just got to do it...
"If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation."
David Brent

I quit smoking on May 26th, 2003 at Chris's Benefit in Deland. Bob Hallitt donated $100 to Chris if I quit smoking...I pay $200 to Chris if I ever smoke again. Having such great motivation has made this the easiest thing I have ever done. I think it is amazing that in trying to help out Chris and Nancy, they ultimately helped me out more. I am so grateful. :)

monkey1031
My Milage:

Todays Date: 08/30/2003
My Quit Date: 07/04/2003
Smoke-Free Days: 57
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 2281
Amount Saved: $399
Life Gained:
Days: 7 Hrs: 0 Mins: 48 Seconds: 38

Been going to the gym 4-6 days a week since the 6th of July. Quit eating red meat, chicken and no longer indulge in caffine. Have been sober for 25 days as well, but over all feel like a million bucks.

Smoking sucks... no pun intended.

Congrats on doing so well, I quit two weeks and one day ago........
I like the money saved......but as for extending your life..............
LIFE: 1 week 20 hrs = at the end your pooping yer diaper and getting fed mush.......... not sure if I really want to be around then...........

Roy
They say I suffer from insanity.... But I actually enjoy it.

Here's an inspiring story for all of you who are trying to stop smoking.

My 73 year old grandmother was a smoker for over 50 years! She smoked atleast 2 packs a day for longer than I have been on this earth.Because of her addiction,she has chronic bronchitis and a number of cirrculatory problems.May 19,2003 she put her cigarettes down and has not touched a single one to her lips since then.Its been over 3 months.She is in ICU tonight, recovering from 5 hours in surgery b/c her years of smoking caused 3 different blockages in her arteries that lead to her lower body/legs that were 100% blocked.There are so many complications that are possible with this surgery but she wanted to reclaim her life as her own rather than be tied down to an addiction.The docs are saying she is doing very well and the surgery has, so far, been a success but the road to a full recovery is long.My heart and thoughts are with her tonight.

If she can stop after being a smoker for over 1/2 of her own life (50 years!) then every one of you can do it too! Good luck!

"...just an earthbound misfit, I."

ok so ive tried at least a dozen times and i smoke the ultra lights (i know it doesnt make a difference)..the hardest part every time i quit is when i see some one light up....i want to quit but its become a hardcore addiction...i say we band together and make it illegal...if we get enough signatures we can send in a petition...what do you all say??????
I am the light my son...What you seek is fire

congrats to all that are atleast attempting.
B|B|B|

:(>:(>:(:(
I am still smoking around 1 pack a day
- players filters cost over 7 bucks a pack cnd.
so $210. a month
- a skydive to 12,500 ft. cost $30. cnd. so....
- I could be making 7 jumps a month if I quit....

When I think of the cost in jump $$$$ it is a great incentive.B|:)

SMiles;)

I have been smoking for 20 years and have recently quit. I have had one occassionally ( big mistake) but I will be putting the $$$ from the smokes into a gear fund. I am glad I have stopped but still miss those darned things. Good luck to all quitting

I quit smoking july 21 2000. The day after I broke up with someone I really really cared for. She didn't like me smoking so i wouldn't smoke the couple hours before a date or anytime I thought I would see her(basically smoking hours between 1200 am to 5:00 am). Well, when we broke up for differences( she was Christian, I was a Heathen) I sparked up in front of her and said "At lease I can do this now". The next day, what I said struck a nerve and I quit. I stayed smoke free through a 9/11, high intensity underway periods, two Gulf deployments and spending about maybe a total of 5 months out of two years outside the continental US.

I think I got this licked. Getting up to 3 years.B|

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln