wildrob

best f 111 9 cell made

in my gear room

A man after my own heart!!! My wife has almost given up protesting the arrival of more odd/old skydiving gear at our house.

:D:D:D

Yeah, wife asked me once:

'WHY do you have like 15 helmets and 20 jumpsuits hanging up there?"
Because they won't fit in a scrapbook!:S

&

"Are all those old rigs worth anything?"
Yes dear, they are fuckin' PRICELESS...(to me) :ph34r:

then~

"Just how many parachutes do you NEED?"
All of them! ;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Would you be interested in my Strato Star?

Black stabilizers, end cells and top skin

Internal ribs and bottom skin are bright yellow.

Real bad-ass Batman looking when you get close enough to the ground, up high it just looks washed out gray.

I should have put a little more thought into it when I designed her. ;););)

“The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him.

Stanislaw Jerzy Lec quotes (Polish writer, poet and satirist 1906-1966)

My first canopy, a 9 cell PD-150 had nice predictable openings, flew well, landed softly and was easy to pack. I thought that PD still made the 9-cell F111 canopies.

I checked PD's web site and I don't see the 9-cell PD, so I guess it's out of production... Ready-Fire-Aim!
Dano

I think the Dragonfly was the best 9 cell F-111 made;)

Hi Wally,
Da' Dajango Dragonfly!!!! I'm with ya' on that one!! When it comes to all the things like pack volume, ease of packing, on heading openings, easy openings, L/D, turns and flare the "Fly" was tops!! Besides my Stilettos' it was the only other canopy I've ever had that I didn't have to cut away from at least once (besides a couple of cheapo's!!)!!!!!B|B|
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

"Ready, Aim, Fire!"

Exactly!

Performance Designs stil sews F-111 canopies -by the thousands - for military customers. Most military canopies have more than 400 square feet.

The only PD main canopy I did not enjoy was PD-360. Those tandem terminal openings were HARD on the body! And I did not enjoy the rock-and-roll openings.
And the flare - with a fat Bavarian on the front - could have been a bit more powerful ...
Think 1986 ... before tandem drogues became fashionable!

My first new canopy was a PD-210 F-111 9 Cell followed by a PD-190. Canopies in the 90's opened somewhat brisker than the "snively" canopies made today. After several years away from the sport, the first openings I had would have been considered malfunctions back in the day.

http://www.performancedesigns.com/ninecell.asp

From the PD Website...

While most people are opting for canopies incorporating 0P fabric, there are still those who prefer a 9-cell canopy, constructed entirely of traditional [low porosity (0-3 cfm)] fabric. If you are one of these people, this is the canopy for you. The reliability and performance of the P.D. 9-cell series of canopies have been proven over and over again.

Funny how they don't have a link on their home page or pricing for it.
Blue Skies, Soft Docks and Happy Landings!
CWR #23
(It's called CRW, add an e if you like, but I ain't calling it CFS. FU FAI!)