crzjp20

AHH TORNADOS!!!

Yeah so i woke up today with the hopes and dreams of getting in the air for the first time since i have been here in my new house in Louisville Kentucky.
Yeah well i have spent the last few hours sitting in my basement listening to the radio cause freaking tornaods are running through this area. So yeah i dont think my wind loading can handle those winds...

oh well, anyone else in the ohio river valley area dealing with this? If so, be safe, and blue skys soon.:)
--------------------------------------------------
Fear is not a confession of weakness, it is an oportunity for courage.

I had only one tornado experience. My dad had a house in Hazelgreen AL, about 30 miles north of Huntsville, which had about 20 acres of backyard including a frog pond. During a visit, one of those suckers ran crosswise at the end of his property. It cut a huge swath through the forest and rudely evicted all of our frogs. >:( It was nice though. It took most of the water from the pond so the frogs would have a piece of home in thier new location.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

its all good now ut what i though was funny was that yesterday me and my father were moving some stuff. I went inside to put some stuff up and i hear my dad calling me back outside, when i get out there my dad points out a funnel cloud not far from the house, so i was like ok lets go in the basement, well he decided to finish washing off his drive way first. I mean a tornado is on the ground within a mile of our house, and he is washing his drive way?!?!?!?!

and he calls me crazy.....

its all good now ut what i though was funny was that yesterday me and my father were moving some stuff. I went inside to put some stuff up and i hear my dad calling me back outside, when i get out there my dad points out a funnel cloud not far from the house, so i was like ok lets go in the basement, well he decided to finish washing off his drive way first. I mean a tornado is on the ground within a mile of our house, and he is washing his drive way?!?!?!?!

and he calls me crazy.....

You obviously haven't lived in a tornado prone area for very long have you.

Most of the folks that live where tornados prowl don't really give a shit until there's one headed towards their house or trailer park.:P
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

no i lived in huricane country for most of my life.... Louisiana, but so did he.

And the thing was in our neighbor hood

yeah yeah i know i am probly making to big of a deal out of it, but hey im not use to these things.

Not to mention tornados are one of my fobias or how ever you spell it

lol

on my first solo camping trip i was about 20 miles into a state park in louisiana. during the night i woke up and decided to go check on my fire, well when i turned on my flashlight a black widow was hanging about 2 inches from my face. granted i am not afraid of spiders, but still....

ok so im a woss i ran to my basement get over it

ok so im a woss i ran to my basement get over it

When I was a little kid, my great aunts house was hit, and her barn was leveled. It made quite an impression. I have seen 3 in real life, but I have seen the devastation from several more, including what was left of Xenia, Ohio in 1974. When the sirens go off, I will always spend some 'quality' time in my basement, over who knows what upstairs.
skydiveTaylorville.org
[email protected]

No damage here...Just lots of water running down the street. The two tornados I was in were a while ago - One in indiana and on near chicago. Just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong times. Didn't lose anything though.

yeah when i was a kid i lived up here before i moved to louisiana, but anyways, there was a serious of tornados that came through like 15 in 2 days. One took out some friends place, kind of been tarnished ever since.

oh well its all gone, and we are all safe.:)