Boris73

Snowboard Helmets

Has anyone ever used this helmet for skydiving? http://www.blue-tomato.com/en/Helmets-Snow/TSG-Trophy/product.bto?category=450100&baseProduct=52976 I am just wondering if the lip is going to cause drag and try and lift off my head. Or there is this one http://www.blue-tomato.com/en/Helmets-Snow/TSG-Gravity-Special-Makeup-clear-white/product.bto?category=450100&baseProduct=52980

I doubt if that tiny sun visor will snag anything, BUT you would be better off buying one of last year's models, before sun visors came into fashion.
You should be able to pick up any snow-boarding helmet - for cheap - at end of season sales.
You can purchase slightly used snowboard helmets for as little as $30 at outlets like Sports Junkies, or Play It Again ...

The problem with snowboarding helmets in skydiving is that they often have something on the back to hold the snowboarding goggles in place. This usually presents a rather significant snag hazard that needs to be covered up and rarely is.

Methane Freefly - got stink?

I bought a Leedom Scream helmet a long time ago. Use it on every jump. I removed/cut off the goggle strap holder in the back as it was a major catch point. I also removed the vent adjuster from the top by pulling out the padding. Stuck padding back into it and it works great. Not bad for approx $35 new. Much cheaper than skydiving helmets at the time.

You can use any helmet you like. The key is to remove the snag hazards or else when your lines get caught on them during deployment you will wish you did...B|

The draw back to removing the goggle strap holder is that it leaves a square hole in the back of the helmet. Glue some fake hair in there and it will look cool!;)

ExPeCt ThE uNeXpEcTeD!
DoNt MiNd ThE tYpOs, Im LaZy On CoRrEcTiOnS!