AggieDave

Who needs a stink'n rain suit?

Screw it, I've been really really itching to get on my bike all day; however, the weather here hasn't been exactly bike or anything outdoors friendly. Its been raining literally all day.[:/]

I had a DVD to take back to Blockbuster so FIDO, I stick the movie in my shirt and off I go.

I had a fun time, actually, sure it was wet, but since it had been raining all day, the oil had been washed from the road and the traction wasn't that bad.

Strangely enough, I guess I wasn't the only one, I saw 3 other riders on my 30 minutes jaunt. None of them were wearing rain gear either, they seemed to be just out riding.

Kind of your average day riding in College Station, actually, only had one person try to pull out in front of me. I saw it coming and already had rolled off the throttle, having the controls covered. A quick stop, layed on the horn and my VERY loud voice...they stopped very quick, before being infront of me and looked quite surprised/shaken. Good, maybe they'll pay attention next time.B|
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I highly recomend getting proper gear ASAP. I am glad to hear that you have a helmet but that really isn't enough when sliding across the pavement at high rates of speed. I would be inclined to compare it to jumping without a reserve, you are good unless you have a mal. You would be amazed how fast pavement will chew through ordinary clothing.

Greenie in training.

I agree. I'm going to get a couple pair of those Draggin Jeans (kevlar reinforced) and a good leather jacket. I just can't get it *quite* yet.[:/]

For the college kid on a budget::P:)
http://www.newenough.com/
http://www.motorcyclecloseouts.com/

MC Closeouts is where I picked up my sweet Gericke Venom mesh jacket from. When the weather gets cooler, I'm getting my leathers from them, too. The prices are insanely low.
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

Draggin Jeans Review
Looks like they may be a little better than they were when they first came out. I never bought any because they got really bad reviews when I was looking at them, people basicly said they will come apart just as fast as denim and really provide no more protection for the added price. Let me know how they work out for you I am curious to see how far they have come.

Greenie in training.

Wow, newenough has a lot of stuff for you rice racers, but not much for the normal riders.:P

Actually, found a nice jacket that wasn't all weird shaped and colored for $100...it'll be here in a couple days.B|

Wow, newenough has a lot of stuff for you rice racers, but not much for the normal riders.:P

Actually, found a nice jacket that wasn't all weird shaped and colored for $100...it'll be here in a couple days.B|

Substitute sportbike rider for phrases like rice racer or rocket rider and I will be highly appreciative. ;)

Greenie in training.

Substitute sportbike rider for phrases like rice racer or rocket rider and I will be highly appreciative.

:P Ok. Sportbike rider.B|

Alright, joking asside, I'm not one of those true assholes that get all pissy about the kind of bikes or the kind of riders. I don't care if you're on a 125cc commutor bike, you're riding, that's what matters.:)

don't care if you're on a 125cc commutor bike, you're riding, that's what matters.

what about the 49cc moped i had in highschool... can i be cool in your book if i rode it still??? lol... i used to get made fun of for the ninja 250 i had... but i always asked em where thier bike was and they didn't have one......lol....

Hey, 49cc's kick ass too, you're out of the cage and riding!

Fuck the non-riders for trying to make fun of you.

No matter what you ride, I'll make fun of you eitherway, I don't care if you have 49cc's or 1600cc's or a nice new S&S 135cu in chopped out hard tail.:P

Substitute sportbike rider for phrases like rice racer or rocket rider and I will be highly appreciative.

:P Ok. Sportbike rider.B|

Alright, joking asside, I'm not one of those true assholes that get all pissy about the kind of bikes or the kind of riders. I don't care if you're on a 125cc commutor bike, you're riding, that's what matters.:)

Good man. Keep that attitude. I hate it when some guy on a Hardly or other cruiser looks at me in disdain when I pull up on my sportbike.

I wave at anyone on two wheels with a motor. Whether you're on a moped, a sportbike, or a chopper, the cars are all trying to kill us equally simply because we like a little more freedom and pleasure when we get around.:)
And big kudo's to ya' for picking up a jacket. If you got non-perforated leather, there's a guy called Barnacle Bill (I think he's in TX, you can google him) who will custom perf leathers. It's barely noticible after he's finished with it. The pics I've seen have all looked great, and it'll be a huge help with that TX heat. B|
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

I got non-perfed, but it has vents all over, so maybe that'll help...and you know, as long as you have the throttle rolled on the highway, it don't matter.:P

Good man. Keep that attitude. I hate it when some guy on a Hardly or other cruiser looks at me in disdain when I pull up on my sportbike.

Fuck them. Hell, I'm on a cruiser and I've had HD riders not wave back at me. Who cares, their bikes break down more then mine, so screw them (I paid less too).:P