Vallerina

WEEKEND NUMBERS!!!!

629.3 (miles on the bike : 4 : probably some

Left that house at 7am Saturday on the bike, 16 hours later I returned. Ended up at New River Gorge - they have a bridge there. I damn near wet myself on some of the roads there - beautiful.
I could have ridden back and forth on 16 between 60 and I-19 all day long.... mmmmm.... tasty. And watching the sunset into the road I was on was surreal. Looked like it was literally setting into the road, and turning the road into fire. Cool stuff.

4 jumps on Sunday - so very cool freefly jumps (even made a few with Phreezone!) and one very pretty 7+ mile cross-country - even had an in-flight snack (Snickers and Gatorade) It was one of those perfect clear days, you could make out cars and details on the ground, but there was enough white puffies to make life good.

Good weekend. Today sucks ass though.
it's like incest - you're substituting convenience for quality

14:5:1

14 is now the record for # of people partying at our new house, set Saturday evening after I invited all the jumpers up. Nothing got broke. :-)
5 jumps. Took it easy...3 tandems, 1 AFF jump, 1 hop & pop.
1 case of beer for my first real AFF jump. He asked me afterwards "So how did I do in the grand scheme of things, average? better than average? below average?" I didn't have the heart to tell him that my n=1 experience made him *exactly* average. :D

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Yes... Sunshine broke my cherry... gave me my first kiss pass.... and an excellent skydive..

Then did another excellent jump with Jason Peters.
Then was too tired to jump with his Significant other Amy since I was running on about 3-4 hours of sleep.

Met eeneR, Vallerina and a few other peeps.

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Oh, yeah . . . I forgot about the "water landings". That was fun (and nerve wracking) as hell! :D I almost slid on my kness on the second landing in the saturated area, but at the last second I popped out my flare and hopped onto my feet. I was bound and determined not to get my jeans soaked on my first jump in street clothes. That was kind of cool! B| By the way, freeflying rocks, even alone (the only way I've done it)! B|

Kelly

:o:9:2

Made my first Beech D-18 jump friday for the "hour after sunset" load.

Made my first sit-train exit....or at least tried. I was center of 3 and forgot to put my hands out...needless to say, the other two funneled when I fell out the bottom.

SO came to visit, so I didn't get to do any more FF jumps with Hector sunday :(

I got a strong urge to fly, but I got no where to fly to. -PF

Yes... Sunshine broke my cherry... gave me my first kiss pass.... and an excellent skydive..

I'm an air whore!!! Hehe. Too bad you were such a loser and wouldn't par-tay with me saturday night!! :D

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

You're the only one that got my shoe baby!! :D

I'm an airwhore, too. I tried to steal Opie's shoe. I think he double-knotted it, though. But, as payback, Eric tried to steal my shoe on the last jump yesterday! :D
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

:)
2 Frustring sit flies, although I'm happy with my stand, finally.

AND THEN a wicked wow beautiful sunset high clear and pull. 9 thousand feet of golden sunset, distant mountains still topped with snow, hanging out in the warm sky with some friends nearby. Sweet. Good for my soul, I really needed that.:)

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.
-Robert A. Heinlein