ScotchLead

DC-7

The ones I have are from 2003, but I believe that they were originally introduced in the late 80s along with the MT1X.

They have split stabilizers, 0-3cfm Nylon & 600lb flat braid Dacron.

It looks like a modification of the MC-4.
Scotch Lead
National Parachute Test Center
Life has it Highs & Lows
Mine are 44,100 & 300

Hi John & all,

IIRC the DC-7 was just a DC-5 with two more cells added to it.

Ted Mayfield may have had the first one. He had a DC-5 ( Para-Flite was extolling it as an accuracy machine ) and was landing too hard so he called them up & asked if they would make him one with two more cells in it; and they did.

He was being sponsored by Ranier Beer in those days so they would buy his canopies for him.

JerryBaumchen

My dad jumped a 375 sq/ft Goliath (?) in '84 IIRC. I'm prolly completely off base, but I could swear I remember him saying it was a civilian version of the DC7/military canopy. It was rainbow patterened cross ways versus cordially and served him very well. When that wore out he jumped a Raven IV.
Randomly f'n thingies up since before I was born...

Hi Terry,

I don't remember that a DC-7 was ever a routinely manufactured item.

Now that I think it about some more, I think that you are correct.

To Glitch: Yes, I do think that the DC-5 was span-wise constructed. My 'memory' is just as good as it once was. :S

JerryBaumchen

DC-5 was a big Cirrus Cloud, which I jumped and still have. And they were both spanwise constructed 5 cells.

Okay, dug out references from pre internet - Paragear Catalogs. In 1983-84 Cirrus Cloud main and DC-5 main listed. Cirrus span/chord = 21.5/10.7 DC-5 span/chord 21.5/12.75.

Two years later Cirrus was only available as a reserve because nobody could land it. I coiuld but you had to work at it. DC-5 still available. By 1990 DC no longer available.

No DC-7 ever listed in Paragear.
I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

Goliath was a 375 square foot I beam (not spanwise) constructed 7 cell. 28.5' x 8' reference Paragear Cat. #49. Looks like it had reenforcing tapes spanwise.

And a great demo canopy for large flags into tight places! B|

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~