skyesspot

NorCal & Horseback Riding...

Does anybody know of a good place to go that is not LEAD rides. I've been to Half Moon Bay a few times and the poor horses are beat to death.

I used to own my own pony and grew up around horses so I know all the basics. I really want to start riding again... [:/]
Life is too short. Don't sweat the small stuff.

I'm (obviously) not in NorCal, but....

DON'T do a stable ride if you can at ALL avoid it. The horses are usually so barn sour that you get no enjoyment out of the ride. The first half of the ride, you're doing everything you can to keep them moving out, and the last half you're holding them back because they KNOW they're going home.

If you can hook up with someone that owns horses, that'd be the best way, IMO. Just make sure they've got a horse appropriate for your experience level. Riding a horse that's been trained for reining or cutting is NO fun when you're at the "WalMart pony ride" level... although it DOES make for an exciting ride and much hilarity among the other riders... hehehehe

Stable rides and barn sour horses are ONE of the reasons I ended up with 5 horses of my own... which is a whole 'NOTHER story...
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706