ACMESkydiver

"Mommy, why is your parachute so much bigger than his?"

-My 8 year old Sprouty-girl asks me, after looking over at Luke's flying handkerchief...

"Because I'm a much better pilot than he is, sweet-pea. You see, you have to be really good like mommy is to fly one of these big ones." ;):PB|

Anyone else told skydiving lies to their children? :)

Edited to add: Nope, I don't have a picture of his...[:/]. He just got a new SMALLER one last week. An 88, if memory serves. What a nut. :S And I swear to GAWD Turtle if you make a comment about me and the moon you are sooo dead...
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

if i had kids i probly would.....

... i mean my parents lied to me...

...Santa Clause, easter bunny, bill clinton, touth ferry,
--------------------------------------------------
Fear is not a confession of weakness, it is an oportunity for courage.

Here's another one I tell the lil' dumplin' when she asks why I land out in the middle of the field when everyone else lands next to the 'X' thingy...

"Mommy has her own 'X' out there in the middle, and I'm the only one good enough to hit it." ;) -To which the little princess answers, "Yeah. Riiiiiight, mama." :P
~Jaye

It so happens that I have a top quality personal X right here with me! Very cheap, only $100 USD. Think of the savings in jump money it will give you! It's top quality, with a high tech security system. To guarantee that you are the only one who can use it, it is invisible to others:P

-- Toggle Whippin' Yahoo
Skydiving is easy. All you have to do is relax while plummetting at 120 mph from 10,000' with nothing but some nylon and webbing to save you.

Well....with a canopy like that you could always rent it out to the tandem masters. :P

:o>:(...>:(.....it's just a 190, for Pete's sake! Nothin' wrong with flying a blimp. (Except, of course, in stronger winds...B|:S:P)
~Jaye

Don't ya just love that east field ACME!!!

The East field is my friend...the East field is my friend...

Softer than the hard dirt (brown cement) at Blue Skies.....

Heck yeah!! :P:S My only experience with road rash happened there...B|:P -And it wasn't even on a road! :ph34r:

now where is that red bus? :ph34r:

-I think we used the battle 'burban that day because it has A/C! ;):)

Hope to see ya at Blue Skies soon Jaye!
I'm jumping again!!!!!!!!!

I'll be out again sooner or later! :)
~Jaye

i want my own personal X.... that will make lisence requirment much easer!!

"What??? I was aiming for the south edge of the field!!" (Commonly heard from Acme)...:P

Saddest part about it is sometimes I really am, and nobody believes me anymore!!! :ph34r:
~Jaye

And I swear to GAWD Turtle if you make a comment about me and the moon you are sooo dead...

:o:o:o

Why, I - Never - . . . Besides you ssaid you haven't done a nekkid jump - what's all this about a moon?:)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

And I swear to GAWD Turtle if you make a comment about me and the moon you are sooo dead...

:o:o:o

Why, I - Never - . . . Besides you ssaid you haven't done a nekkid jump - what's all this about a moon?:)

Wow. :o Is it possible that the Turtle didn't catch that one?! Or perhaps just showing a momentary lapse in evil, mean, nastiness to Acme??? :o Naw....;):P Clay didn't say anything either, and he's a really evil, mean sumbiotch...of course he's never seen me in person so prolly wouldn't get the reference anyhoo...:(
~Jaye

You mean like painting one on the bottom of one of your shoes? I think I'm gonna have to try that! :D

OMG!!! :o I'm seriously gonna do that!!! YES! I will have D license accuracy down in a few short jumps!! :D:D:D
~Jaye

Acme, do you still just have your A? If so, I'm in the same boat. :D Damn elusive target . . . I'm so gonna paint a bright red X on the bottom of my shoe and tell people that I "landed on the X". Of course, they'll know better, but it'll be funny anyways. :D

i think if i did that at the DZ where i jump the instructor would give me a 30 minute lecture on how i should not try to cheat the lisence system, and how it is there for a purpose......

but it would be funny
--------------------------------------------------
Fear is not a confession of weakness, it is an oportunity for courage.

Acme, do you still just have your A? If so, I'm in the same boat. :D Damn elusive target . . . I'm so gonna paint a bright red X on the bottom of my shoe and tell people that I "landed on the X". Of course, they'll know better, but it'll be funny anyways. :D

I have just an 'A' not due to accuracy, but due to a promise I made someone...I will not advance until he jumps again. :)nobody in the group would ever think of landing and aim for that. :P
~Jaye