Girlfalldown

Something's wrong

I was on the verge of quitting when Skybaby crashed. My first jumps at American Boogie last year were the hardest ones I ever made. I had a couple heart-to-hearts with AvgJoe and Diablopilot and made it over that hump.

I'm really glad I did, because by continuing I have had some really wonderful life experiences that I would not have had otherwise.

Try and learn from the incidents. Stay connected to your passion.

I appreciate everyones reply to my rant and I just wanted to clear something up. I in no way plan on making 360s my goal here. Alana and I had opened high to dogfight. Everyone else had already landed and I pretty much had the sky to myself except for Alana and I knew where she was. I was higher than I needed to be when I started it and I knew that too. No worries on seeing me continue to try those. I'm happy with 90s and 180s right now.

As for what my post was really about I'm just going to shut up for a while.

--------------

(Do not, I repeat DO NOT, take my posts seriously.)

When jumping in traffic, 90s and 180s are the way to go. But when traffic is not an issue a well executed 270 can be fun and generate great swoop distances. But I'm not sure a 360 will really help much unless you're already very proficient at 270s. I know some people do more than 270s, but watch most PST guys and gals and 270s are their preferred means of generating speed. Just make sure you play up high to learn your canopy before you bring anything down low and I'm sure you already knew this. ;)

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Yes I know that death happens especially in our sport. I'm not trying to say I never realized throwing your body out of an airplane at 14k was so dangerous... It's a given. I guess I just never realized how much I'd care about the people I've met and jumped with. I also never realized it would effect me this way.

Sorry.. just felt like ranting because I'm so unsure of my own path right now.

Relax and quit reading the incident reports. That is part of your problem. Worry about yourself and the people in the air space around you. Play with your canopy however you want but do it high (altitude is your friend).

Once I reach 1000ft I am very conservative in flying my canopy because I want to do it again. I think that most of the people who are going in now days are because of poor decisions and a poor mind set.

"I guess I just never realized how much I'd care about the people I've met and jumped with. I also never realized it would effect me this way."
- This may be due to the fact that you know and accept the same risk that we as skydivers take - that is what connects us all!!

drakeshelby
drakeshelby