LuvToFly

So, here I am at the E.R.

While getting ready to head out to skydive today, I hit my foot on something so hard that I knew it was no slight injury.

I did RICE (Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation) and after about 6 hours of babying it, I tested things out a bit and got a shooting pain. Ouch.

So went to ER and got to spend 3 hours - mostly waiting, just to find out that I had broken a toe.

Gonna take me out of the jump schedule for a while, and I'm not happy about it -

It's amazing that one can plummet to one's potential death time after time, and return to earth safely under canopy, only to mess yourself up around the house.

Trying to keep it in perspective though - I'll be back on the scene - some people won't.

Just grumpy 'cause need to keep jumping out of planes. Okay, rant over -

"The helicopter approaches closer than any other to fulfillment
of mankind's ancient dreams of a magic carpet" - Igor Sikorsky

So went to ER and got to spend 3 hours - mostly waiting

When ever you go into the ER always be sure to add "and I'm having a hard time breathing" to the list of whats wrong. You'll spend less time waiting around;)
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

So went to ER and got to spend 3 hours - mostly waiting

When ever you go into the ER always be sure to add "and I'm having a hard time breathing" to the list of whats wrong. You'll spend less time waiting around;)

Yeah, that or, "I've got these strange chest pains."

But seriously though - there was apparently two very bad car accidents while I was there where the passengers were brought in quite banged up by all reports. After I found this out, I felt lame bitchin' to myself about a broken toe.

"The helicopter approaches closer than any other to fulfillment
of mankind's ancient dreams of a magic carpet" - Igor Sikorsky

funny thing- same thing happened to me last year. I went up the stairs at home, and when I made the turn to go to the bathroom, all of my body but my toe made it. So I smacked it pretty damn hard against the door frame.. Ooops, how clumsy. a few hours later it turned purple and it did hurt, so to ER I went. Yop, it was broken. I had a soft cast put on it, and jumped the very following weekend ( I wore socks and sandals, and either slid on my heels or on my butt ).

I am not saying you should jump - that's a call only you ( or possibly a doctor ) should make, I am just saying that I was able to :)

Hi Fly,
Ya' and "Nobody" at work believes that you did this at home, Right? They say you're fibbing and you did it at the DZ!! I was going down the stairs at my apartment to check the mail and fell,tripped, twisted, broke my left ankle at the bottom step as I was saying,"Hi Joe" to my neighbor in apt. A!! Hurt all weekend and went to see Andy Schafer (Ortho MD) on monday morn. yup it broke, got a soft cast and no sympathy from the guys at work!! Oh well.
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out