RozeAY

Lake Wales Destroyed - Jumping again!

HI EVERYONE...JUST SO EVERYONE KNOWS THIS IS LAURIE AND I AM STAFF AT THE FLORIDA SKYDIVING CENTER, YES THIS WAS A VERY HUGH LOSS FOR EVERYONE AND WE ARE ALL VERY SAD TO SEE THIS HAPPEN, HOWEVER WITH THE CONTINUED SUPPORT FROM EVERYONE WE WILL MAKE THIS HAPPEN AND AS A MATTER OF FACT WE ALREADY HAVE BEGUN TO SEE SOME LIGHT. TODAY WE FLEW TANDEMS AND SOME AFF.WE ARE OPEN AND JUMPING WHILE WE REBUILD. AS I HAVE PERSONALLY HEARD FROM BETTY THIS IS GOING TO BE A BIGGER AND BETTER AIRPORT THAN BEFORE, SO PLEASE COME OUT ,WE CAN STILL HAVE JUST AS MUCH FUN AS WE HAVE IN THE PAST,JUST DOING IT A HOP SKIP AND A JUMP STILL DOWN ON AIRPORT ROAD. WE HAVE MANIFEST NOW IN THE OLD CAMPGROUND, BATHROOMS AND EVEN A RIGGING STORE,I HAVE ALSO HEARD WE WILL BE GETTING A TRAILER TO MAKE INTO OUR BAR THAT WE AT LAKEWALES LIKE TO CALL THE NEW HURRICANE HOLE, SO COME OUT SOON AND HELP BREAK IT IN.HOPE TO SEE EVERYONE REAL SOON. AND ALSO, FRANKENOTTER WILL BE OK, IT WAS FLOWN OUT TODAY TO HAVE SOME REPAIRS DONE AND WILL BE BACK SOON AS FOR NOW WE DO HAVE AN OTTER AND WE WILL BE FLYING IN THE MORNING. BLUE SKIES;) PS I WOULD LIKE TO SEND OUT A SPECIAL THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO HAS BEEN THERE FOR US , YOU HAVE BEEN MUCH NEEDED AND VERY MUCH APPRECIATED THANK YOU FROM MY HEART..WE STILL PLAN ON A VERY BIG WINTER SO PLEASE SHOW YOUR SUPPORT AND COME HAVE SOME FUN WITH THE STAFF AT LAKEWALES

Hi all,

Lake Wales is back on their feet and have started jumping again.

Today I did a jump out there, and honestly I have to admit, this jump will stay in my memory as one of the most outstanding jumps I've ever made. You can't imagine how it looks from the air, the whole area. You probably saw pictures in the papers or on tv, but this is real... I haven't seen anything like that yet, I was deeply touched and impressed. You get an idea how much force these hurricanes have - very hard to believe it's just wind. I highly recommend to do a jump over there, when you have the chance. Open high and watch - it' a very unique experience.

Blue skies, especially over Lake Wales at the moment,
Barbara
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's nice to be important, but it's much more important to be nice.

HI EVERYONE...JUST SO EVERYONE KNOWS THIS IS LAURIE AND I AM STAFF AT THE FLORIDA SKYDIVING CENTER, YES THIS WAS A VERY HUGH LOSS FOR EVERYONE AND WE ARE ALL VERY SAD TO SEE THIS HAPPEN, HOWEVER WITH THE CONTINUED SUPPORT FROM EVERYONE WE WILL MAKE THIS HAPPEN AND AS A MATTER OF FACT WE ALREADY HAVE BEGUN TO SEE SOME LIGHT. TODAY WE FLEW TANDEMS AND SOME AFF.WE ARE OPEN AND JUMPING WHILE WE REBUILD. AS I HAVE PERSONALLY HEARD FROM BETTY THIS IS GOING TO BE A BIGGER AND BETTER AIRPORT THAN BEFORE, SO PLEASE COME OUT ,WE CAN STILL HAVE JUST AS MUCH FUN AS WE HAVE IN THE PAST,JUST DOING IT A HOP SKIP AND A JUMP STILL DOWN ON AIRPORT ROAD. WE HAVE MANIFEST NOW IN THE OLD CAMPGROUND, BATHROOMS AND EVEN A RIGGING STORE,I HAVE ALSO HEARD WE WILL BE GETTING A TRAILER TO MAKE INTO OUR BAR THAT WE AT LAKEWALES LIKE TO CALL THE NEW HURRICANE HOLE, SO COME OUT SOON AND HELP BREAK IT IN.HOPE TO SEE EVERYONE REAL SOON. AND ALSO, FRANKENOTTER WILL BE OK, IT WAS FLOWN OUT TODAY TO HAVE SOME REPAIRS DONE AND WILL BE BACK SOON AS FOR NOW WE DO HAVE AN OTTER AND WE WILL BE FLYING IN THE MORNING. BLUE SKIES;) PS I WOULD LIKE TO SEND OUT A SPECIAL THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO HAS BEEN THERE FOR US , YOU HAVE BEEN MUCH NEEDED AND VERY MUCH APPRECIATED THANK YOU FROM MY HEART..WE STILL PLAN ON A VERY BIG WINTER SO PLEASE SHOW YOUR SUPPORT AND COME HAVE SOME FUN WITH THE STAFF AT LAKEWALES

Thats GOOOOOOOOOOOD news ! B|B|B|

Yves.

I just spoke with Gail and Lake Wales is up and operational.:)They still need people to come out and help, moreover they need people to jump!
As the contents of the hangar were not insured, donations are still being accepted (much needed) via paypal.
Lets all pitch in and help our friends in Lake Wales.
B2

Had a couple mins during lunch and needed to post this for Betty, she talked to my wife this morning and asked that it be shared --

Many Thanks from Betty with regards to the contributions thus far, she has been sending messages to be shared with the group to my wife and I as well as Gail and a few others all week. You can sure tell how grateful they are at FSC to have all of us pulling for them when we get another update.

She told my wife this morning to tell everyone that she sees this as a chance to make the place even more special than ever and that our skydiver support is far greater than simply contributions of cash. She said that we are what she goes to work for everyday and promises that we will all love the new place as much as ever, if not more.

Take Care,
Frank

For easy online PayPal contributions to assist the "FSC Employee Disaster Fund"

-- ESPECIALLY FOR THE NEEDS OF THE EMPLOYEES

1. Go to http://www.paypal.com
2. Select "Send Money"
3. Use [email protected] as the receipient.
4. Select "Quasai-cash" or "Other" as type.
5. Write any message or note that you'd like shared with them, all sentiments and kind words will be of great comfort in addition to your generous contributions.

If you would like a portion of your generosity to go the "Florida Skydiving Disaster Fund"
TO REBUILD
--Please include how you'd like the funds shared in the "Message" section.

If unable to contribute via PayPal, please refer to the bank transfer information and mailing address for checks/MO's as shown.

Thank You All....

Will we be able to camp out overnight there or are there still curfew concerns?

Just spoke to Roger Hill, who said no camping.

You probably wouldn't want to do that anyway, since they don't even have running water yet. Still no power (other than their own generators), but they're hopeful that the utility company will fix that soon.

The manifest trailer is in the new camping area (that they built around the time of the 2003 Nationals), up the road from the big hangar -- closer to Florida 60. They've been loading the aircraft at the runway nearest that campground, towards the north end of the airport.

Wish I could go and jump :(
I was planning on going there this winter for a day or two...I will definately go now!

I used Paypal to donate some...cops are like that..donate all the time! See, police are your friend!

Hope to see it this winter! With at least my B license in hand!

BTW, what is it with all the negativity in previous posts?

I may be mistaken, but I believe the Otter I made my first solo jump from last weekend at Carolina Sky Sports in Louisburg, NC is the same Otter pictured in the images above. It came in with a rudder that looked patched together from at least 3 other aircraft, and I was told by some of the more knowledgeable jumpers that the leading edges were covered in duct tape.

Apparently Paul Fayard (the owner) and the rest of the crew were able to replace the damaged parts with spares from the CSS stockpile very quickly, as it was in the air all weekend and seemed to be working just fine.

Good luck to all those affected by the hurricane.

Mike

This weekend I heard that the insurance people with the city came and closed down Lake Wales for 30 days because of liability issues. Can anyone confirm this?
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I hope they (the city insurance type "A's") are prepared to pay for lost income too.

That blows chunks. (Unless they are properly compensated for being shut down)
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1