RozeAY

Lake Wales Destroyed - Jumping again!

I have to agree with you Ron. The main problem I see is in the dudes timing .. We are all feeling the pain for the loss of such a wonderful DZ and some of us were not ready to hear the finger pointing just yet IMHO ("If I owned that million dollar aircraft it sure as hell would not be.......") The reality is that if the true owner of the plane had this guys superior intellect and tact, he probably would not have ever have made a million dollars to buy such a plane
I love this DZ and will fly into Lake Wales soon to support them. The irony is my FreeFly suit from Freakn (at the DZ) was just finished but not sent to me yet. Do not know if it will be ok or not but would like to have the opportunity to pay for it and give them that lil boost... It adds up...

I think you guys need to lay off Ron actually. The others guys comment and timing were just plain tacky at best....

Oz
Motion = Emotion

Not directed at you specifically....

Everyone, please keep this thread about helping Lake Wales.

Keep politics out of here and those of you who have made it a habit to play the person and not the ball, this would be the wrong time for that.
Safe swoops
Sangiro

Quite frankly ,Ron. HE made a statement

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I owned that million dollar aircraft it sure as hell would not be sitting in a hangar when a hurricane came to town! Fly it to a another dz heck you might even make money with it if you don't just at least park it there.

Probably the same staement many of us had made until we learned that the storm turned. but as usual rather then explian that to someone with ONLY 21 jump you decide to make a federal case out of this. they probably call you a skygod.

He made a comment without information, about a situation he knew nothing about.

THIS THREAD is about the loss at Lake wales,which may personally effect you, but CALM DOWN DUDE!
Its not a personal attack on YOUR DECISION to do anything.

No its a post by a newbie who thinks he knows more than people that have been in the sport for 20+ years.

honestly hope all your losses can be recovered but Im tired of seeing your skygodish posts!

And I am tired of your "know it all"
100 jump wonder posts!

Edit to add..

Hey Jr. Skygod Did you read this post from me:

The path of the storm was projected to miss LW...It turned.

Are you a pilot? Are you going to fly in hurricane winds?

Where are you gonna fly to? My friends flew A/C FROM Tampa to Orlando to avoid the storm. They would have been better off leaving the planes in Tampa.

Stop being an arm chair pilot.

Or did you just decide to bitch at me since you know better than everyone else?
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

my god, why is it some people here are so fucking fast to rip into somones comments or statements?

Good question? Maybe you should check yourself?

Ron, you act like this guy was saying that he knew what should have been done..he was fucking voicing his opinion, thats it, maybe thats what he would have done...who are you to tell him his opinion or statement is ridiculous??? chill for christs sake.

Ironic huh?

You bitch at me, and then lay into me....Thats funny
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

The building at the bottom of the photo is the armory building where the dinners and some creeping took place at last year's Nationals.

From what I was told by the CSS folk at Rantoul (And SkyBytch relayed it to me as well), the Armory is where all the locals hid out during the storm. The roof collapsed while they were in it and luckily no one was hurt.

Good luck to Betty and the rest of the LW crew in the Ghetto. You have a great DZ, very friendly staff and I hope you get back on your feet soon. You had the best facilities of any DZ in Florida, I'm looking forward to enjoying that again one day. I'll do what I can to help from here in Chicago when the accounts become available.

It's all my fault. When it hit the coast I said, "It looks like it's headed straight for Lake Wales. It did. Some people from my DZ winter down there and I hope to go back down this winter to do some more jumps with some great people. I'm also glad to hear everyone is ok. It's just stuff. My family was in orlando and rode it out there. Good luck to everyone down there and I hope to visit this winter.

My husband and I spent the last two days helping clean up. The good news is that most of the gear, manifest equipment, video equipment, and other important things are salvagable.... the bad news is there's not a sturdy structure to put it all in. The DZ is ordering trailers - one for themselves, one for the store/rigging loft. Word was as of this afternoon when we left that they will have a plane flying as soon as tomorrow.

Everyone there is obviously quite sad, but is remaining as positive as can be and have kept their sense of humor. Fortunately, no one was hurt, but a few locals did lose their homes. Any help that anyone can offer would be wonderful. Aside from manpower to help clean up, they mostly need ice and water and gasoline. Your warm thoughts have been appreciated.

My deepest regards to all the jumpers in Lake Wales. I am happy to hear the equipment seems to be OK. All you need is a trailer to manifest anyways. We skydivers are very resourceful and resiliant. I'm sure you'll have the place better than before.;)
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

I too did AFF training at LW and loved every frightening minute of it. Is anyone wanting to go down to help this week who lives in Ontario or one of the northern states along the way? My family lives in Winter Haven just north and I've been called down to help as their roof collapsed yesterday. With no gas, electricity, sewage backing up, I don't know if I'd be contributing to the problem, but they're insisting. Was thinking of driving instead of flying, can be useful to have a pickup truck, but am afraid to travel alone as a female. Can leave Ontario any time but start heading back by Sunday. ??

Paul gave us the bad news at the WFFC. He was in pretty good spirits for amount of destruction said now they can build it they way they want it.

I have not had the pleasure of jumping there YET, but we are planning a trip down in the winter - building or no building.

Judy
Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

I have not had the pleasure of jumping there YET, but we are planning a trip down in the winter - building or no building.

That hangar was one of the nicest facilities in Florida. The high roof kept it cooler on the ground during the summer. They had carpet to pack on.

The landing area is huge. Clean showers and bathrooms.

POSTED THIS FOR ALL CONCERNED ABOUT LAKE WALES...

Good Morning Everyone --

I've just been contacted by Gail Ramirez regarding the Emergency Fund(s), she's asked me to assist by making available information regarding donations online.
For PayPal Contributions to Assist the "FSC Employee Disaster Fund" --
1. Go to http://www.paypal.com
2. Select "Send Money"
3. Use [email protected] as the receipient.
4. Select "Quasai-cash" or "Other" as type.
5. Write any message or note that you'd like shared with them, all sentiments and kind words will be of great comfort in addition to your generous contributions.
If you would like some your generosity to go the "Florida Skydiving Disaster Fund", Please include how you'd like the funds shared in the "Message" section.

If unable to contribute via PayPal, please do refer to the bank transfer information and mailing address for checks/MO's below as Gail included.

Please feel free to email me directly should you have any questions about this or other items of need.

Thank You All....

Elizabeth A. Fowler

[email protected]

That hangar was one of the nicest facilities in Florida. The high roof kept it cooler on the ground during the summer. They had carpet to pack on.

The landing area is huge. Clean showers and bathrooms.

I believe that hangar was built by Roger Nelson and crew back in the early/mid 90s when he owned it. It was the template for building the current Skydive Chicago facility in Ottawa, IL.

When I told Missy that it was destroyed she looked fairly moved by the news. I'm sure it held a special place in her heart.
Chris Schindler
www.diverdriver.com
ATP/D-19012
FB #4125

I believe that hangar was built by Roger Nelson and crew back in the early/mid 90s when he owned it.

I believe it was... you have to hang on the tail to get the otter in that hanger too ;) :D ... never did get that quite right.
it's like incest - you're substituting convenience for quality

I believe that hangar was built by Roger Nelson and crew back in the early/mid 90s when he owned it.

I believe it was... you have to hang on the tail to get the otter in that hanger too ;) :D ... never did get that quite right.

Yup, but at least at LW they have the weather to be able to cut a space in the frame to get the tail in!

POSTED THIS FOR ALL CONCERNED ABOUT LAKE WALES...

Good Morning Everyone --

I've just been contacted by Gail Ramirez regarding the Emergency Fund(s), she's asked me to assist by making available information regarding donations online.
For PayPal Contributions to Assist the "FSC Employee Disaster Fund" --
1. Go to http://www.paypal.com
2. Select "Send Money"
3. Use [email protected] as the receipient.
4. Select "Quasai-cash" or "Other" as type.
5. Write any message or note that you'd like shared with them, all sentiments and kind words will be of great comfort in addition to your generous contributions.
If you would like some your generosity to go the "Florida Skydiving Disaster Fund", Please include how you'd like the funds shared in the "Message" section.

If unable to contribute via PayPal, please do refer to the bank transfer information and mailing address for checks/MO's below as Gail included.

Please feel free to email me directly should you have any questions about this or other items of need.

Thank You All....

Elizabeth A. Fowler

[email protected]

Is there an address I can send a check to? I dont really use paypal. If you care to post an address I'll mail it out, or you can PM me! thanks. I hope all is recovered and Quickly

EDIT TO ADD THIS I didnt see this in the other post until after I posted...writting a check now;)
My photos

My Videos

They are in touch with FEMA, unsure what part of the expenses will be helped as to the business but they think that there will be a large amount of costs above and beyond that.

On a personal note, they have displaced employees that lived onsite in staff housing I believe and all was lost on that account. Human needs are food, clothing and shelter so contributions to that part of the effort will be heartwarming and most appreciated.

Betty asked me to pass on this update:

An update from Betty Kabeller-Hill, Roger Hill and the staff at Lake Wales:

We are alive and doing OK in Lake Wales. It is very devastating to see all the damage to us and also to our Beautiful City and surrounding areas. Please let everyone you are emailing that we are already having modulars offices coming in, along with showers and restroom until we figure out how we are going to rebuild our business, which will be bigger and better than before. Our Twin Otter will be fine it does need a little work but it is going to have that done very soon. We will be operating in a couple of days and we already have another airplane in route here so all our competitions and schedule of events will go on and the Phoenix Will Rise Again. So what we need in this rebuilding time is lots of Support, Love and Blue Skies. There will be no interruption in our daily business days. So, if you want to come help us, please bring gloves, ice and gas and also your gear to jump!!!

Thank you,
Betty Kabeller-Hill xoxoxo

Safe swoops
Sangiro

Great googley mooogly!
Chris Schindler
www.diverdriver.com
ATP/D-19012
FB #4125