adamUK

Your rig is worth more than your car

both my van and my car combined aren't worth what my rig is worth. But when it really comes down to it, a good running vehicle is priceless, even if it is a POS. I think we take a lot for granted. There are starving kid's in Cambodia who would love to have my POS.:P
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes!

I have a '97 Green Neon (nicknamed the Hot Rod), with no air conditioning ($1000 to fix), no hub caps on the left, no back up lights (I don't really go backwards that often), she burns a litre of oil a week (56 litres of oil a year is cheaper than what it would cost to fix) and the back left door is a different colour green than the rest of the car (serves me right for getting a "friend" to re-paint it after an unfortunate accident between my car and well my car)

But hey, my little hot rod gets me to the dorpzone every weekend so I can jump my rig!:S

I'm not sure what my car is worth anymore - haven't checked in a while, but I know that a 2003 Dodge Neon doesn't have a great resale. I think since it is still in near perfect condition that it should be worth more than my rig. Since I am upside down on the payments, I owe more than my rig is worth for certain.

I wish there was a way I could sell off my car and get a used car. I'm tired of making payments on it and having to carry full insurance coverage - the two of these things are keeping me out of the air!

Hi UK,
Got a '99 Chev, Silverado 1500 pickup and it's still worth a nice chunk of change. As for rigs, that's another story.
For pic. of truck, go to Airtrash skydiving home page photo gallery "postcard fom Bill Deli"
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

With the exception of my house, my rig is the single most valueable thing I own.

My rig has perhaps 150 jumps on it thus far.

Infinity (2002) / Hornet 190 / Raven-2 / Cypres (out of cal)

I'd put it at about $3k in overall value.

My chariot (1992 Ford Ranger pickup) doesn't even come close - the Kelley Blue Book rates my ride at $1390.

mh

As long as it gets you from A to D(z) then what's the worry? There's all sorts of angst with a new car. There's so many dinks in the door from the supermarket retards... If I had a new one I would worry senseless.. So hey! It's all good

Blue ones:)

Well my rig is worth more than my car, but I only paid $350 for it. It just hit 222,222 miles and is still going.

I have a RV van as well, and it is worth alot more
than the rig.
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

Thanks, the car has "personality"
* No outside handle on the left rear passenger door
* Outside handle on the driver's door is hanging by one hinge
* Driver's window doesn't roll down with out pushing and the crank falls off
* Trunk is useless due to leaks

But I couldn't resist the paint job and it is my first stick shift car.
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

My last car was worth less than my rig. I got a newer car - not new, just newer. The lastest vehicle isn't the chick magnet that the El Camino was. ;)

I have reasons. A lot of my friends are buried in debt. Car loans, credit cards, etc. I watch them fret about everything. That is too stressful for me. I tend to pay for stuff in cash.

A new car would be nice, I just don't like the worry hanging over me.